• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

chaffmj

More Humming Birds

It has been a lot of fun watching the hummers this year after we got home from up north.   There are several who come constantly to the feeder and then joust over who gets to eat.  I put up two feeders (don't tell them, but one is actually an oriole feeder) but they still chase each other.   

hummingbirds are gone fron Itasca county, but still have them here in cold spring, stearns county. pretty sure there slowly heading south.

still had loons on each of the 3 lakes we fished.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bout dang time. 😎😀😀😎
    • Fun, looks like you had a great day. 🙂  Getting the itch but we have a few more weeks to wait here in Minnesota! 😔  Welcome to the forums.
    • Is it generally a good idea to use two treble hooks on a tip up setup?
    • Had some great luck getting into some fat Late fall trout. Hope you enjoy.   Late Fall Trout
    • vtx,   Thanks for the suggestion.
    • Minnesota Archery again. D season in Wisconsin. Hopefully taking my dad out if possible, he's 95 and not in great shape right now. Also have a women's mentored hunt later in May.  Not certain yet, but hoping to put a Nebraska hunt together.  Seeing WAY more than expected this fall what with the cold wet spring we had.
    • We were up fishing from last Thursday afternoon through Saturday evening. Fishing was great, lots of nice walleyes with a couple of fat 28" fish as the biggest and plenty of saugers. Fish bit all day with our best bite coming each day from about 2-315. Fish were somewhat sluggish from 11-1230 and had to be coaxed into biting or didn't bite at all but after 1230 most everything we marked bit. We were set up in 23-24', color didn't seem to matter although we tend to use gold more than most other colors on our spoons and we basically had every color tied on our set lines and they bit them all. There was about 3-4" of snow on the lake Thursday when we got there but it was a packed 1-2" by the time we left Saturday night. Some areas of rough ice but other areas are nice and smooth, generally about 14-16" of ice where we fished. Can't wait to get back up, good luck if you are going out!
    • That's the way most falls go. I was able to get out and put a gobbler down this fall. Went out just for a bird since I knew where they had been going in the morning. Got to the woods just after fly down and worked my way to the area and heard them talking a bit. Gave out a few yelps and had them running to me.
      Most years I never get a shot only have taken a handful in the fall. I was in a woods that I was not worried about ruining for deer.
    • Now that the corn is out and the ground is white the birds are really showing themselves. Three times in the last month I have seen 50-60  birds on a short day. Nearly every one was in a group and they are concentrating in dense thickets of plum brush.    And there are literally next to no hunters out and about going after them which is a big change from even a decade ago