• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who Made This Heater?

Hawg

I'm having a rummage sale and wondering how to price it. This was one of the best heaters made at the time. I have two different heaters to sell but not going to give them away, they will be worth quite a bit more come November. I had this in an 8x10 poorly insulated house and it about cooked you out. As I remember these were pretty expensive.  Thanks in advance for any for any clues. There no tags or writings of any kind on it.

IMG_0401.JPG

Edited by Hawg

What it went for back in the day doesn't have much impact on current value.  I'd look at what a comparable heater would go for today.  Is it comparable in function and heat output to a Big Buddy heater or something else?  Find a comparable modern heater and use that as your basis for setting a sale price.  

I agree No Fish. It's more curiosity than anything. I have it at $20 with no takers but mostly mom's looking today so far. I don't care if it sells now, it would sell in 1 day on Clist later in the year I bet.

i have 2 of those that are built very similar but there a smaller version. i still see the ones i have in fleet farm now and then. i bought 1 there and my first one at reeds in walker and i believe i paid  around 90 bucks for them.

for $20.00.....................if i wouldnt have 4 fishhouse heaters already...i'd scarfin on that!!!!!!!!!!!

I think those heaters were distributed by Strikemaster and I think it might have even been called a Lazer Heater.  I'm surprised at the lack of info on the web, they were quite popular not all that long ago.

I would think it would be well worth $20 If someone has the right application for it. The newer direct vent heaters take up less room.

Dave, not only more room but lots of people build 6 x 8's that aren't fancy so this would be great for them. I'm not dealing with stovepipe any more, I built a big wheelhouse. I couldn't even find one on the E-B-A-Y. Is it ok to say that word now? I haven't posted much since last winter and it could get zapped one time and go thru the next.

Thanks Jim, I know they are great heaters. like I said, come November I'll get $35-$40 with no problem. They last forever too. I always thought someone in Minn. made them. Absolutely no clues to the maker on the unit which tells me it wasn't a big company, they would definitely have a name somewhere on it.