• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Why do packers fans love their coach & management?

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

GREEN BAY PACKERS: You should be embarrassed.

Two Lombardi Trophies in 26 years sounds like a deal Browns fans would absolutely sign up for, but it seems a little weak for a franchise that has boasted a pair of transcendent quarterbacks during that span.

It's funny to hear people talk about how great the Packers management has been over the last few decades. But you're only good because of your quarterbacks.

Don't believe me? Look at last year without Rodgers.

The Packers need to get serious about this, or you're going to be super bummed watching Rodgers end his career with the Lions or something.

From Alan Rank, NFL Network.

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Two Lombardi Trophies in 26 years sounds like a deal Browns fans would absolutely sign up for, but it seems a little weak for a franchise that has boasted a pair of transcendent quarterbacks during that span.

Sounds like it would be a pretty good deal for Viking fans too.

3 hours ago, Rick said:

It's funny to hear people talk about how great the Packers management has been over the last few decades. But you're only good because of your quarterbacks.

LOL. The Vikings management had a chance at Rodgers and took Troy Williamson instead. They could have had a chance at Brett Favre if they didn't trade all their first round picks away for Hershel Walker.

I'll agree with the OP to a point.  Given the level of QB play over the last 25 years you'd expect more than 2 superbowl wins.  For the most part they have not done well building up the rest of the roster with enough supporting talent to win at the highest level consistently.  They've also had the ability to feast on a relatively weak division.  The Bears and Vikings have each had some small windows of success in that time but also long stretches of substantially sub par teams. 

I wouldn't necessarily complain about 2 superbowl wins in that amount of time but if I were a packer fan I would be frustrated at the lack of a supporting cast and the lack of activity in free agency.  With a QB like Rodgers they always have a chance to win but they tend to be content floating in the range of "good" and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle every 10 years or so when with a few moves here and there they could have been great for an extended stretch of time.