• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New decoys

minky

I mainly spear in northern Minnesota, the Winnie area. I will occasionally set up in central Minnesota, Stearns county for the most part.

Personally I think the new regs are a joke. Each lake is different, even a 1/2 mile apart. I really don't see Fisher people wanting them under 22 inch fish unless you pickle nords. As far as size and population, I can speak for that yet, however a member here has had the 9 under 22 for a while before this reg and seems to think it is working. I did help some!

@smurfy

I like that decoy!  Hope it works great for ya.

Sometimes I wonder if the 9 under 22 is something we should just start doing even if they wind up as cat food.  I’m never an advocate for wanton waste so I say that with the thought of realizing I should experiment with other ways to use little pike that doesn’t involve filleting all of them.  I like pickeled pike but not a quart at a time!

9 hours ago, Wanderer said:

@smurfy

I like that decoy!  Hope it works great for ya.

Sometimes I wonder if the 9 under 22 is something we should just start doing even if they wind up as cat food.  I’m never an advocate for wanton waste so I say that with the thought of realizing I should experiment with other ways to use little pike that doesn’t involve filleting all of them.  I like pickeled pike but not a quart at a time!

might be cheaper in the long run from buying real live suckers!!!!!!!?

as far as all them little snot rockets i finally found a good pickling reciepe that works for me and i love pickled nords. a long time ago i tried grinding fillets and made fish burgers......they werent bad but when the rest of the house curls there nose.............................

i still am an avid believer in each lake is different. if its a lake i fish alot, i know if its got alot of snakes or not and i will not take 10 little fish out of it. personally, depending on if you fish for pike regularly or nor, pike get a bad rap!!!!!

Edited by smurfy

On 10/11/2018 at 10:33 AM, Mike89 said:

darn good show too!!  it's next March again!!!!

is there a specific date set????????? i need a deadline to get my butt in gear to get them turtle shell clocks done!!!!!!!!:P?

3 hours ago, smurfy said:

is there a specific date set????????? i need a deadline to get my butt in gear to get them turtle shell clocks done!!!!!!!!:P?

march 16th!!!!  see ya there !!  no worries on the clock!!!!  it all works!!!

1 hour ago, minky said:

I hope to try pike paddies this year and use up more of the small pike! As for the decoy show, I hope to attend for the first time next year. Here is to early, safe ice !!!!

I MC that show if ya show up say Hi!!!!