• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally.... hummingbirds...

Rick

I usually would see a few hummingbirds buzzing around our yard every year and I would comment that I should probably put out a hummingbird feeder to keep them around. I put up a hummingbird feeder this year and have yet to see a hummingbird......?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
5 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I cant see vid

Wait for it .... it will show. I loaded it in HD.

Stuck a feeder on the window cause my daughter wanted to see one. It only took about 15 minutes for one to show up. Its there everyday at least a few times and its getting more relaxed. It used to take off as soon as it would see her move now she can at least get off the couch and try to sneak up on it before it takes off.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:31 AM, snagfinder said:

My work computer barely does anything its supposed to but I have no issue watching that video. Weird.

Works fine for me also on my work computer, but takes a while to load.  At home on my slow connection it would probably not play at all...  But that is my connection and I have problems with all kinds of videos there.

BTW that is not a Honey Locust that is Honeysuckle, perfectly suited to hummingbirds with the long tubed flowers. 

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
On 8/5/2018 at 6:55 AM, half-dutch said:

Works fine for me also on my work computer, but takes a while to load.  At home on my slow connection it would probably not play at all...  But that is my connection and I have problems with all kinds of videos there.

BTW that is not a Honey Locust that is Honeysuckle, perfectly suited to hummingbirds with the long tubed flowers. 

Correct, I have the Honey Locust tree in my backyard and got a bit dyslexic. Honeysuckle vine it is. At least a dozen hummingbirds working it this morning.

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Correct, I have the Honey Locust tree in my backyard and got a bit dyslexic. Honeysuckle vine it is. At least a dozen hummingbirds working it this morning.

Back in the day we had three huge honey locusts on the farm.  Those were the real thing, too, with the thorns that would penetrate tractor tires and thousands of pods every year.  Pretty unique trees, but the newer more colorful varieties, sterile and thornless, are a whole lot nicer.   The folks who bought the farm from my parents cut those thorny trees down.  Can't say I exactly blame them, although it is a bit sad.