• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Borch

Lake osakis get together 8/18/18

A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 

Wow it's almost here!  Looking forward to connecting with folks.  Let me know if you're planning on stopping by Saturday.

Whatever people bring.  Bring something to pass.  Still deciding what I'll bring myself.

We got settled into our camping spot last night and the fishing report is that the sunfish and crapoies are on fire.  Walleyes are very tough right now.  But bass and pike are also being very cooperative. 

I fished most of the lake in scout mode today.  Found walleyes early on midlake humps and bars in 18-24 fow.  Got a couple to go on jigging raps but then they shut off.  Spent the rest of the day trying to pin down a panfish pattern.  Found good numbers of sunfish in shallow cabbage beds(6-9 fow).  None were huge but good numbers of 8-8 1/2" gills.  A few crappies are mixed in with them and some are suspending off the break.  There are also good numbers of sunfish in or just outside the reeds.   Most of the sunfish ran smaller though although there were some keepers there too.  Pike and bass I did not target but saw others do so successfully.   Plenty of bass in the reeds and spinnerbaits seemed to be what most were using.   Troll over the weeds and you will be rewarded with pike.

Decent walleye bite this morning once I figured out the pattern.  Jigging raps with a horizontal presentation on midlake humps.  So far the big fish is this 25" eye.

20180818_114218.jpg

Good one Borch. 😎

Obviously it didn’t work out for me today.  Had a buddy that needed some help so I stayed on dry land.  Till tonight anyway when I did get him and his boy on the water for a couple hours.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Just curious- what about your old now is making you switch?   I've shot both and have no real concerns with either. Elite makes a nice bow and has several good options over the past few years. But... regardless of brand there are lots of good options out there. Shoot what feels good to you and hits where you're aiming. Totally generic,  but good advice IMO. 
    • I was surprised by that too Wanderer. I bought 2 of them about a month ago and am giving them a whirl. I've got 3 on bear baits right now. I'll have a feel for them in a couple weeks. 
    • I did not last year and I am not sure about this year.  I would sure like to.  New job and some new help at the hunt didnt allow me time to volunteer last year.  Hope this year is different.
    • The Moultrie M50 was rated 81/100 on Trailcam pro.  I was surprised to see the majority of the highest rated cameras were Browning.  I like the Browning brand for firearms but have considered many of their other products to be mid-level offerings.
    • I'm not sure Hoyt4 I've never messed with the video part. I'll take a look when I get home. 
    • MJ 1657 I just bought an M50. Mills had them on sale for $129.99. The infared version was $139.99. Only been using it for about a week and so far I like it. That buck in the night time pictures is quite a ways out from the camera.    I've had a Moultrie 880 for years and it's been a solid camera.    MJ Did this Moultrie have picture video at the same time like the old 880? I have not found another camera to do that but the Moultrie and it's great. I'm running out of this version only have two left now.
    • I just bought an M50. Mills had them on sale for $129.99. The infared version was $139.99. Only been using it for about a week and so far I like it. That buck in the night time pictures is quite a ways out from the camera.    I've had a Moultrie 880 for years and it's been a solid camera. 
    • Hmmm.  My cheapest camera is a Wildgame Innovations unit but I haven’t been a great fan of it.  It’s not the NANO version but though, just a cheap one I picked up in a small shop during a hunt cuz I felt I NEEDED one right then.   I do like my old Moultrie and am looking at the M50i as a much updated version of it.   Still comparing their line up.  If I just bought now, that’s what I’d go with.   That WGI 360 sounds like something I have to check out!
    • I have been a Wild Game Innovations fan for most of my time using cams.  I really really like the NANO version they put out.  Compact, only take 4 AA batteries, great battery life and the pictures have been very good quality.  That being said, last year I won a Moultrie Game Spy 2 at a company party and have been very impressed with it.  Same as the Nano, takes only 4 batteries and pictures are very good as well.  These two cameras are now my "go to" and I won't be needing to spend  100's on other cameras when these work great.  The one camera that I am thinking about getting though is the WGI 360 degree camera.  Supposed to be able to take pictures 360 degrees so you don't miss anything moving behind where a normal camera can't detect them.