• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2018 Alaska Fishing Reports

Not to much chatter in the alaska forum.  Here is a few pictures from this year so far in our boat we just got last year.  Mostly just fish out of homer and have been doing pretty good this year.

my buddy got that big halibut when we were trolling for kings, quite the fights on a 8.5' ugly stick!

IMG_2397.thumb.JPG.1939b3b6f4304ea4c1223707b478861d.JPGIMG_2388.thumb.JPG.f803f780ccf49b5cc06a56d44e66dab9.JPG

IMG_2413.PNG

IMG_2408.PNG

IMG_2410.PNG

Edited by fishkid

Parents came up for the week and we were able to get out on the boat for some fishing. Silvers weren't in yet, the rock fish were a little slow but we stumbled onto a few real nice halibut. The big one went 160 pounds.  Pulled it out of 35' of water, it was awesome watching the drag scream for a few minutes on the first run it took.

IMG_2425.JPG

IMG_2427.JPG

well the ocean adventures are slowly coming to an end this year. Got out for ducks a few times and our best was 30 for 3 guys. Surf scoters, barrow golden eyes and a few harliquin. Havent had much luck for crab. would have gotten into them good this last trip but this octopus decided that the crab and hanging pike i was using for bait was its dinner.  He took my crab i took one of his legs to cook up and threw him back. Hopefully he learned a lesson not to mess with crab pots.

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2558.JPG