• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

I have a half gallon of arctic cat APV oil, and was woundering if this can be used in my oil injected 2 stroke Yamaha 200HPDI? I bought a new sled this winter that requires C-TECH2 oil, so I have a half gallon of 45$ oil just sitting in my garage.

Posted (edited)

I'd just take a $20 loss and use the proper stuff your outboard is specified for. 

It's just not worth it.

I feel like this falls into one of those "if you have to ask the answer is no" sort of things.

Edited by bobbymalone

On 6/23/2018 at 7:10 PM, knoppers said:

I have a half gallon of arctic cat APV oil, and was woundering if this can be used in my oil injected 2 stroke Yamaha 200HPDI? I bought a new sled this winter that requires C-TECH2 oil, so I have a half gallon of 45$ oil just sitting in my garage.

Don't throw it. I'll pick it up on my way up north this weekend for my Arctic cat.  Give ya $10 for it! 😁

I learned the hard way about 2 stroke oil. Threw in some Cenex 2 stroke in the fall for my Yamaha 50 hp. The next spring when I finally got to burn the oil I took out my top end. It was the only time I did not use Yamalube 2 stroke oil.