• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Power drill unit adapter for cordless drills

Jmnhunter

anyone use a milwaukee m18 with the strikemaster adapter on a 8" chipper unit? I just realized I had a 8" chipper unit at my parents house that hasnt been used in years. I figured I could slap a new blade on it and purchase a milwaukee drill to use mostly for the ice house

On 5/29/2018 at 12:21 PM, Jmnhunter said:

anyone use a milwaukee m18 with the strikemaster adapter on a 8" chipper unit? I just realized I had a 8" chipper unit at my parents house that hasnt been used in years. I figured I could slap a new blade on it and purchase a milwaukee drill to use mostly for the ice house

Haven't tried that. If you do, be sure to figure out a way to stop the auger from falling through the hole if the drill slips off the bit. I have a Nils, and it has a flange at the top that is wider than the blade so it can't fall down the hole. And the K-Drill floats I believe.  Slipping off the bit isn't a regular occurrence, but you won't want to lose your auger when it does.

@rl_sd is correct, 8" chipper blade too much torque for m18. It works OK up to 10" of ice. 6" works OK to about 20" ice. I use my Eskimo 43cc with a flexible exhaust inside my Wheel House. 25' sells for $35 on-line. My DIY 8" chipper does 30" ice in 26 seconds. Only way to go.

20171211_115742.thumb.jpg.9dea314bcbf470ddab6a6dd6bda628cc.jpg

hmm, ok, I did confirm with SM and they said the bit itself isnt made to take that much torque; sounds like i would be better off trying to sell the gas auger this fall and going to an electric one