• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jake Zeleznikar

Question

I'm looking into insurance options for an Ice House and wondering what advice or recommendations anyone has on the best type of coverage. Also, if I want to be able to rent out my ice house when I'm not using it but not as an "outfitter" or "guide" would that be something that typical coverage wouldn't cover if a profit is being made since I wouldn't have the coverage that a company running as an outfitter would have? (Such as how normal car insurance doesn't cover an Uber driver when they are logged into the app and giving someone a ride because they are consequently on the road more often and making a profit.) Any and all information or recommendations would be extremely helpful!

3 answers to this question

Sounds like good questions for a knowledgeable independent insurance agent.     Maybe there is one on here that can help you, or you could maybe get some recommendations.   

Contact your insurance agent and they can present the risk to their underwriters for placement.  Sounds to me like you would have a business and the camper would be used in the business so it is no longer something that would be covered under your personal insurance but rather a business insurance policy.  Good Luck

Jake,

If you rent your personal Ice House - you are not covered by most carriers - I am not aware of any that have coverage for temporary rental.

shoot me a pm if you still have questions - I am an independent agent and can present some options.