• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 2 - Everlasting Gobble Stoppers

rkhinrichs

Nice bird!

Well I had one that gobbled at my call I sat tight and waited for him to come to me
Then I look in the field on the other side of the tree line and there he was strutting away straight across from me.

Gave him another call and he disappeared from view was hoping he would had over my way but never saw him again. I then had to leave because the wind was trying to blow me away.

I passed on hunting today to do spring things around the house (get the boat out, lawnmower, take down Christmas lights, and clean the garage.)

I am giving it another go tomorrow morning. Man this turkey is just giving me the slip every time. I am starting to get a vendetta against him.

The neighbor called me and said that he was at his other property about 30 mins west of the land I am hunting now and said he saw 4 toms and 3 hens in the field. I sent my uncle out there tonight he didn't see any he is hunting it in the morning if he has success I will be trying it mid week as well.

Birds were rocking on the roost this morning and once they flew down it quieted down quite a bit. Then I had a coyote barking and howling behind me about 150 yards for 20 minutes straight. Not a gobble since although a heard a hen clucking a little bit ago.  At least I know there are a bunch of birds around.  It's been a quiet season so far with lots of Jake's, hens and several toms that just didn't pan out.  But that's turkey hunting.

I think the yotes are having a huge impact on the birds I’m hunting too.  They stay on the move here it seems and stay quiet.

I couldn’t swing the Tom in that passed by this morning.  He knew where he wanted to be and where I am wasn’t it!

Well they were gobbling up a storm on the roost then all went calm then around 800 I heard one gobble then they went to the neighbors field corner on the other side of the treeline!

So I had to watch them strut around for an hour I decided to try to sneak through the swamp and go over the bridge to the field by the time I made it there they were not in the corner anymore but 60-70 yards further down tried calling from there but no luck

that's twice I have seen them in the corner at 820 each day sucks because I was going to set up there but I was thinking that will be the day that I am sitting there and they come down to where I was!

Next time I am out I am sitting in the corner putting a stutter out and not calling

I use rage two blade, same as I use for deer.

I will get Isaac out as soon and often as he will allow.  I had thought he would be out 5 -6 times by now.  He is struggling to give up his play time without snow on the ground.  Hanging with the neighbor boy fishing for creek chubs in the flooded pond has been too much to avoid.

Funny he asked to go out in the morning during the week!  I think, he thinks, he wouldnt have to go to school! Silly boy.

Boy you two look a like in the seconds pic.  Your dad looks goos for 94!

Congratulations, to both you.

How wonderful he is still able to enjoy a hunt with his boy.  I must feel great for you as well.

5 minutes ago, ANYFISH2 said:

How wonderful he is still able to enjoy a hunt with his boy.  I must feel great for you as well.

You can't imagine.  Every year you have to wonder if this will be his last.  Every year he's right back at it. Amazing. 

On 5/2/2018 at 9:33 AM, DonBo said:

You can't imagine.  Every year you have to wonder if this will be his last.  Every year he's right back at it. Amazing. 

So what is his long life secret?  George Burns deal, cigar and shot of brandy a day? :)

10 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

So what is his long life secret?  George Burns deal, cigar and shot of brandy a day? :)

He does have a whiskey every night, 5:00 exactly.  Mostly he walks. A lot.  Always has.  His dad lived to 104.  Maybe I should start taking better care of myself just in case I live that long :o

1 hour ago, DonBo said:

He does have a whiskey every night, 5:00 exactly.  Mostly he walks. A lot.  Always has.  His dad lived to 104.  Maybe I should start taking better care of myself just in case I live that long :o

Auuh, you should be able to cruse there. Sounds like it's in the genes!  :D