• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Check in and let's hear your season and plans for hunting. 

I will be hunting Archery all zones and every season till I punch my tag. 

I have the same plans as last year, hunt too much and hope my wife doesn't get too mad at me before the season ends.   

I'll be going out to the Black Hills of SD to hunt late April, but this time with my brother because my uncle has a medical issue this year preventing him from going.  We both do quite a bit of rock climbing, so I am hoping we fill our tags early on dumb birds and then can swing up to Spearfish Canyon to climb for a day or two.  

The following weekend I'll come back to MN to hunt the C weekend with some buddies in western MN on a private farm with some additional nearby public that I know holds some birds.   This year is a bit of a mess due to their work/kid schedules, but I'll be there for a long weekend.   I am bringing my kayak out with me again to do some fishing as well.  

In May for the E season I am going to head over to my brother's place east of Wausau to hunt a bunch of public and MFL spots that I scouted out last year and got skunked on.  I am not a fan of hunting these small acreages and watching birds on the wrong side of the fence.  There are enough spots to hunt that I think I have a good shot at a bird there this year now that I figured out the game last year.   I will have two WI tags in my pocket.   

I would like to try Nebraska, but with two little kids at home I am pushing my luck with how many trips I make in the spring...   Maybe next year.   

Had friends in Nebraska this past Wednesday through Saturday. They went 3-4 on gobblers with my friend missing twice by hitting a strand of barbwire one day and the lip of the tent blind the next. He said the birds were still grouped up and paid zero attention to the decoys.

I got drawn for B season but am waiting on the weather to see what kind of activity I find and see before I purchase my license. Thinking about maybe switching  over to C season. Scouting activity gobbling and weather will dictate my choice. Been seeing some bigger groups lately, they really haven't broke up yet on the pieces I hunt which are all large parcells and private. 

Where have all the participants gone?

I'll be heading to central ID for the opener this Friday with my uncle from St Cloud.  We ought to whack some birds.  Then I have OR and WA and several youth hunters thrown in for excitement.

Good luck teammates! 

The forum change has been the death of this site. However we still have the true die yards and it should be a good contest. I have 3 properties that are asking me to come kill all the turkeys because their are way to many. I feel kind of silly setting blinds in front yards but it won't stop me. 

Let us know if you need help, I'm sure we can round up some youth hunters.

I’ll be hunting B season in 505 with the gun this year. Gave it a go last year with the bow thinking a long season would be better since I had a new baby at home but I really didn’t get out much. Would have smoked a dandy with the gun but he pegged me drawing and that was the only opportunity.

Got access to a new piece of property this year and planned to scout it tomorrow but not looking like that will happen. Was out to set a trail camera up last weekend and had a lone tom show up on the field 60 yards away not caring one bit that I was there. Too bad he won’t stay that brave/dumb in a few weeks. 

I took off of work this year so I’ll actually have some time to chase birds around, so I am pretty optimistic. We have a good team. Excited to see how we do!

Figured it wouldn't be too long,  congratulations 

Landowner sent me a txt today,21 birds in her field 2 were big toms. Told me were to set the blind from their travel patterns. Not looking forward to hiking through 2 feet of snow to set my blind tomorrow. 

Got the blind set,8 birds and 10 deer on the corn at 2 pm  that I had to bump to get the blind set. As I pulled into the driveway a big tom walked across the field and started kicking some butt on a couple jakes

Congrats Wallydog. Good luck archerysniper I am definitely envious of the amount of birds you guys have around.

Yikes! I think I see a gobbler track in the mud right before that blood trail starts. Hope everything turned out positive. Looking forward to pics.

Enough of the suspsense AS. We need the story!

My brother and his friend shot two birds yesterday in Wisconsin in the snow.   I will be leaving for SD next week Wednesday.   Local city birds were out and about with some strutting just before our big snow storm here, haven't seen them since. 

My encapsulation and photos are in the submission thread.

Good luck to everyone else!

Good job Wally, always love to see your early season successes. 

Nice bird AS!  Long season ahead with no tag in the pocket huh?

12 hours ago, DonBo said:

Long season ahead with no tag in the pocket huh?

Time to explore other states I think...

On 4/22/2018 at 4:58 PM, DonBo said:

Nice bird AS!  Long season ahead with no tag in the pocket huh?

It just gives me more time to pass on the addiction to anyone I can be to come out.