• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

rundrave

2018 Twins

I don't understand why some Twins fans are upset about these trades and moves. Escobar and Dozier were free agents in just a couple months.  They can sign anywhere they want this off season, including back with the Twins. Better to trade and get something its better than just letting them walk away.

The Twins were out of the playoff race. These moves were pretty standard and in my opinion good moves. 

5 minutes ago, rundrave said:

I don't understand why some Twins fans are upset about these trades and moves. Escobar and Dozier were free agents in just a couple months.  They can sign anywhere they want this off season, including back with the Twins. Better to trade and get something its better than just letting them walk away.

The Twins were out of the playoff race. These moves were pretty standard and in my opinion good moves. 

That's a fair point. For me it comes down to the fact that I believe most fans don't want the team quitting on them and that is exactly what this looks like. 

The team is still charging the same per ticket, beer costs the same as does a t-shirt yet for the rest of the year they are telling the fans they need to settle for a lower quality product.

It says the management are quitters who lack the desire to compete every game to produce the best record they can possibly get.

Dozier 3 for 4 with a single, double, and HR in first game as a Dodger. Nifty play in the field, too. Good guy--not a Dodgers fan, but hope he gets a ring there and then comes back home next year ;)

And Escobar is hitting well for the Diamondbacks. Will root for him, too, and hope for a reunion.

11 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

It says the management are quitters who lack the desire to compete every game to produce the best record they can possibly get.

I don't see it like that at all. Terry Ryan and Gardenhire were notorious for not holding players accountable. They stuck with their guys (Nick Punto is a great example)  and how dare anyone from the media question them. Gardy repeatedly tolerated mediocrity.

I like that the new leadership isn't tolerant. Like I said before in an earlier post, this team had over 100 games to prove they were contenders and they failed in every aspect. It got to the point where the Twins didn't have any leverage at all. They were lucky to get what they got. 

5 minutes ago, pikestabber said:

Dozier 3 for 4 with a single, double, and HR in first game as a Dodger. Nifty play in the field, too.

That's an awfully small sample size? :)  But you have to tell the full story. That game doesn't go extra innings because of his error earlier in the game that cost them a run right?

Cain tripled to right, Cain scored on throwing error by second baseman Dozier.

It sure is weird seeing him in that uniform though lol

2 hours ago, rundrave said:

I don't see it like that at all. Terry Ryan and Gardenhire were notorious for not holding players accountable. They stuck with their guys (Nick Punto is a great example)  and how dare anyone from the media question them. Gardy repeatedly tolerated mediocrity.

I like that the new leadership isn't tolerant. Like I said before in an earlier post, this team had over 100 games to prove they were contenders and they failed in every aspect. It got to the point where the Twins didn't have any leverage at all. They were lucky to get what they got. 

That's an awfully small sample size? :)  But you have to tell the full story. That game doesn't go extra innings because of his error earlier in the game that cost them a run right?

Cain tripled to right, Cain scored on throwing error by second baseman Dozier.

It sure is weird seeing him in that uniform though lol

I wasn't talking about the coaches. They are fine. It's the front office.

As a coach, how would you like it if your boss traded some of your best talent and left you dump to compete with for the rest of the season? That's a losing mentality that is created by the front office.

Dozier with another HR, is salt in the wound.

happy to see him doing well despite not being on the Twins

Fernando Rodney joins the casualty list. What did we get in return from the A’s? I thought signing him was well worth the risk...but with that being said, I’m glad he’s gone now.

Posted (edited)

The Twins have always had closers that make the end of the game "interesting".

Not sad to see him go either.

Now if we can just get the "Walk off" monkey off of our back by next year.

Almost 20% of our losses are walk offs.

😨

Edited by Duffman