• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2018 Twins

rundrave

any predictions for this year? I am going out on a limb with the following:

My predictions:
twins win 86 games
buxton hits 20+hr
mauer hits .300+
kepler hits 25+ hr
morrison does well but not sure how many at bats he gets at DH but Sano will get hurt so that will shake up lineup

I expect twins to make a big trade possibly dozier since they wont resign him

Twins wont be able to surprise anyone this year and will need to earn it. Should be a fun year just hope they compete and dont have a bad year and avoid any injuries.

I realize its still April but this bad stretch of baseball has been awful. Hopefully getting back into a routine schedule and a few games back home they can get back on track.

Thankfully Cleveland isn't completely running away with the division yet. Not sure at this point if Wildcard will even be an option for another team in this division this year.

they should look good against the white sox who are terrible. It was good to see them keep the momentum going against the Cardinals though last night especially on the road. Been impressed with Romero's last 2 starts. Would love to see a homegrown staff of him and Berrio's take off.

Need to get Buxton back and healthy as Grossman is a liability in the OF.

Well, I had given up hope that the twins would win the division quite some time ago. But now, I’ve lost hope that they’ll finish with a .500 record. I’d say it’s time to start gutting the team out, but we don’t have anyone trade worthy! Rosario and Escobar are the guys I hope they decide to build around. Time to cut ties with Sano, he’s going to be a career underachiever. I think Buxton is tip toeing the line also. Dozier is toast! Mauer is more likely to retire. I also think it’s time to part ways with Molitor. 

On 3/29/2018 at 8:28 AM, rundrave said:

any predictions for this year? I am going out on a limb with the following:

My predictions:
twins win 86 games
buxton hits 20+hr
mauer hits .300+
kepler hits 25+ hr
morrison does well but not sure how many at bats he gets at DH but Sano will get hurt so that will shake up lineup

I expect twins to make a big trade possibly dozier since they wont resign him

Twins wont be able to surprise anyone this year and will need to earn it. Should be a fun year just hope they compete and dont have a bad year and avoid any injuries.

At the all-star break and man did I blow it with the predictions lol.

Other than Rosario and Escobar not really much to get too excited about.

Nice home-stand before the break but its already been a big disappointing season. Of all the late 90''s  teams that were just awful and then the recent  90+ loss teams repeatedly over and over, this years team has to be the most frustrating of them all. Definitely a regression.

Buxton/Sano I dont want the team to give up on them but good grief. After some progress last year I think everyone was expected big things from both of them. I would say give up on them but players like these always go on to shine somewhere else when the Twins let them go.

Mauer has been ok, nothing great but good to see him back hitting again after his stint on the DL.

Morrison dug himself too big of hole to get out of with a terrible start at the plate. A few signs of power but not enough.

Dozier is losing millions with a bad first half. So much for him signing a big deal somewhere else and the Twins getting something for him if he is traded.

The new pitchers Odorizzi and Lynn haven't been great. Gibson has been better than expected but too bad he cant get any run support he has pitched well all year. I like Berrios, good young pitcher still making improvement. Its too bad Santana hasn't been able to get back up and contribute yet.

I hope they don't make any foolish decisions and trade and try to make a run. They don't have a chance at the wild card and even though Cleveland isn't completely dominating I don't see the Twins overtaking them in the division.

Whatever trades they might make won’t be to make a run. It’s going to be to rebuild. I guess there’s still some interest in Dozier from a couple teams, but otherwise, we don’t have much trade value in anyone. I’m just still hoping we finish .500.

What a dam joke. Sanos fat, Palancos a druggy. Insert Escobar. What does he do with last half of last year and first half of this year. Deserve to be an all star thats what. How do we reward him? Big contract that he deserves. Hell no. Dump his one-just-like-silly-me. F off Twins I'm over this B.S. If only he was a home town boy we could have broke the bank.

It’s all part of the game. I’m actually surprised what they got for Escobar.

Word is Sano and dropped some weight while he was sent down. Hope he can contribute something other than strike outs at the plate when he comes back.

In fairness the Twins had over 100 games to prove they were relevant. If anything it’s good to see mediocrity isn’t tolerated anymore.

Dozier: "It sucks when you put together a good team, and you're right there, can taste it, still a little ways to go and all of a sudden this happens. I don't know a better word than disappointing. I'm just a firm believer in 162 games. Just a sucky all-around day."

Maybe if he shows up the first half they don’t become sellers! I get others on the team stunk but being frustrated by the front office blowing the team up because you and others played poorly is not taking responsibility for your part in the process. 

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
20 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Why would anyone be surprised. This is embedded in the twins DNA.

The team hasn't been relevant in nearly 3 decades and it doesn't appear that it will change in the future. 

They haven't won a World Series in almost 27 years. As for relevant, they've won a bunch of Division titles as well as made the playoffs last year.

My definition of relevant is contending for a World Series and making the playoffs.

In any given season, when it appears that isn't what is happening, I agree, they are not relevant. Your despair at relevancy is dramatized a wee bit with the almost 3 decades qualifier?

On 7/29/2018 at 4:06 PM, Rick said:

They haven't won a World Series in almost 27 years. As for relevant, they've won a bunch of Division titles as well as made the playoffs last year.

My definition of relevant is contending for a World Series and making the playoffs.

In any given season, when it appears that isn't what is happening, I agree, they are not relevant. Your despair at relevancy is dramatized a wee bit with the almost 3 decades qualifier?

Could be that I'm just jaded but even back then they all but gutted the team after winning the world series. 

In the 27 years how many times were they a legitimate threat to even get to the series let alone win it?

Anyways, it's pretty clear the management cares more about the bottom line than actually winning. They really don't deserve the great fans and great stadium they were given. 

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

For sure, they haven't made any deep runs in the playoffs.

The key is that we are with a completely new management group. They had exceptionally unexpected success last year. Right now, it appears they now, not only have a top heavy farm system in the minors but have depth as well.

I will give them a couple years to start threatening deep runs in the playoffs.