• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN bear lottery dates?

2 hours ago, rkhinrichs said:

The harvest report is not even out yet for 2017....:confused:  I like to look at all the statistics before I  pick a zone. 

i could of swore i seen it on the DNR site. 

and i stand corrected.....i just got another email from them..............bear permit apps are available APRIL 5TH!!

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

i could of swore i seen it on the DNR site. 

and i stand corrected.....i just got another email from them..............bear permit apps are available APRIL 5TH!!

Post if u find them. Sweet!

13 hours ago, rkhinrichs said:

Post if u find them. Sweet!

your correct, heck of a site they have updated!!!!!!:cry: results from 06 to 2016 but not 2017. our illustrious government at its finest!

not only that they cant seem to get the date of applications right, i've read the first, the 4th and the email i got says the 5th.  

I reached out to the MN DNR late last fall and they provided me the attached report.  The markings on it were already  there when I got it from them. They acknowledged it normally isn't released until spring of the following year.  It's not the full "2017 Harvest Report"...but at least it lets you think about what it took to successfully get a tag in the last lottery.  I would think the 2017 Harvest Report would get posted along with the 2018 Lottery going live in the next week.

MN 2017 Bear Lottery Results.pdf

I'm going to apply for area 27 but that boundry is so close to some of the spots I use to bait/ hunt and from the map they provide it's tough trying to figure out the exact boundry lines.

I'm going to make the assumption that area 28 is the entire leech lake reservation.

16 hours ago, smurfy said:

I'm going to apply for area 27 but that boundry is so close to some of the spots I use to bait/ hunt and from the map they provide it's tough trying to figure out the exact boundry lines.

I'm going to make the assumption that area 28 is the entire leech lake reservation.

i sent the DNR an email, they walked me thru figuring it out using the page and recreation compass. 

man they where a ton of help. that boundry is really close to the home base!!!

Thanks Smurfy.  If I remember right, on most years they are usually available before the actual date that is officially posted.  I think that's been the case at least.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:50 AM, Scoot said:

Thanks Smurfy.  If I remember right, on most years they are usually available before the actual date that is officially posted.  I think that's been the case at least.

Go check the results are up!