• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slush and water on ice.

leech~~

Coming to a lake near year! :(

Please give some reports of what you are finding as we start the melt down. If you don't want to say the lake just say "Up-By or Near XYZ, MN" to give others an idea of what they may be heading into.  Thanks.

18 minutes ago, knoppers said:

I almost went to grindstone today, good thing I didn't. still want to get out before the season is over.

I was on a sled but there were guys blasting across the lake in trucks. As deep and heavy as the snow was and the ruts they were leaving it's amazing no one got stuck! I tried 6 spots from 6' to 72' feet.  Just small Perch and a few blips on the Vex. Ice was a good 1 3/4 to 2 feet thick yet.  I may be done on that lake for a while. :tired:

Edited by leech~~

went out in the Bay lake area north of Mille Lacs...on the little lake we fished every step we sank a foot and each step filled in with water!  It was a mess but we drove 1.5 hrs to get there so we stuck around for a few hours and caught a few crappies over a deep hole.  Nothing big...good to get out but was very sloppy

1 hour ago, ozzie said:

went out in the Bay lake area north of Mille Lacs...on the little lake we fished every step we sank a foot and each step filled in with water!  It was a mess but we drove 1.5 hrs to get there so we stuck around for a few hours and caught a few crappies over a deep hole.  Nothing big...good to get out but was very sloppy

Shoot. My family's cabin in near Bay Lake and I was hoping it was freezing up a little more up there so I could sneak out for one last trip. But sitting in 6 inches of slush doesn't sound like much fun.

Fished a couple lakes in the Prior Lake area on Friday and Saturday. Slush had firmed back up, but anywhere there were ruts from trucks driving through the slush were filled with water and looked to be a sure fire way to get good and stuck. Hoping with it staying below freezing for lows might be able to sneak tge house out one more weekend! 

Found about 14" of snow and slush on Big Swan north of Grey Eagle. Spent about 1-1/2 hours trying to get my ATV out of that mess. Of course, it wouldn't have taken so long if my noodle was working well enough that I went home after the first time but I was too stupid and had to try a different route and get stuck a second time. :P

Got out of there and neighboring Long Lake was okay. I also notced Lady Lake had vehicles on it.