• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

Look for a old 9' blue cabelas king kat pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Thought it would be fun to revisit this almost 2 years later.    It's been a lot more work creating trails than I thought it would be. So it's been slow. We've got a few trails in the west half of my property,  but so far the east half has been barely used. Last fall, extreme rain put a damper on creating any as most of my property was under a couple inches of water (or more). But this Summer and fall We've been going hard every few weeks. We got a camper (until I can build that cabin) and made an 8ft+ wide trail to get that back in the woods. The other trails are around 4ft wide (width of my mower).  
    • Yes indeed, cancer sucks.  I'm glad to hear you were able to make those dreams come true, Hugo.  Nothing better than an elk bugle in the cool, crisp mountain air.  I love it.  I hope you sty healthy and have a great fall.  Thank you very much for the well wishes. Scott
    • Anyone get out yet for some grouse that can share any reports?   I don't hunt in the woods so I am limited to prairie grouse. Unfortunately my new pup isn't far enough along yet and not big enough for the rattlesnake vaccine so I will not be out on the grasslands any time soon with him. We are also dealing with above normal temps so I don't want to take any chances because I know the snakes will be out yet. Plus I don't like running dogs in this heat anyway let a lone a puppy who doesn't know how to pace himself yet.
    • Maybe.  That’s what I would think too.  Moose come in smaller sizes too. 😉
    • Not sure what this is from but it is bigger than any deer bones I have come across. Moose maybe?  
    • We get them around Emily, one landed right on my gun once. Landed on my stand railings many times. They do seem to be down in numbers the last few years. 
    • I cold smoke cheese in my Bradley but only when the temps are around 50 or less. I don’t plug in the smoker itself. I just use the heat from where the wood pucks get heated. 
    • What’s the farthest south you’ve ever seen gray jays? My brother in law has property just north of Cloquet, but I’ve never seen any there. I see plenty in Grand Marais and Ely. But I think the farthest south I’ve seen them is in George Washington State Forest, north of Grand Rapids.
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.