• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Team Walleye

Fisheries Resort Rainy Lake

Has anyone been to this resort? I am looking for a new place to go for a trip in June. I have heard pretty good things about the fishing and the lodge but have only spoke to one person with first hand knowledge. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bryan

I have not been to this resort, but have fished in Red Gut and Bear Pass area. Plenty of good water to fish - had good luck the last few years when we ventured up that way. We did stop at one place for gas that was south east of the rail road bridge, has a big breakwater. Service was ok - but all the building we went in were run down. Not sure if that was Fisheries or not.image.png.1ec30402ab41cc454b97d0f3c4ec9c6d.png

8 hours ago, tcwin said:

I have not been to this resort, but have fished in Red Gut and Bear Pass area. Plenty of good water to fish - had good luck the last few years when we ventured up that way. We did stop at one place for gas that was south east of the rail road bridge, has a big breakwater. Service was ok - but all the building we went in were run down. Not sure if that was Fisheries or not.image.png.1ec30402ab41cc454b97d0f3c4ec9c6d.png

Thank you for the insight on the fishing. I've heard some pretty good things about the bays in tbat area. Are there a ton of boats in that area? 

When we have been there it is late July, early August and we have not encountered a lot of boat traffic. We are usually the only ones around, once you get outside of Bear Pass and further up the bays. 

I was there when we were younger about 25 years ago or so...we actually went there a few times.  It wasn't at the time a high class resort by any means but the bass and pike fishing were great and the walleye was decent enough that we caught our meals.  In fact I remember catching crappies up there over 30 or so feet of water in August.  At the time the cabins we stayed in were older but they were only used for sleeping anyways but they had all the amenities that we needed.  I have been thinking of going back there...