• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area' in the outdoors.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

1. elkrivermn

elkrivermn

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• anyone find a lighter alternative to the ice castle tables? the thing can be a PITA to move and align
    • they didn't have bag phones back then either!!!
    • Said to heck with it an bought a $20 K-cup keurig offbrand that seems to work good... don't need to work about breaking the glass pot either. If you don't want to run the generator... get an inverter.
    • Maybe they installed their insulation in 1986?😁
    • or just use your cell phone if those are not available....
    • Here's some on Amazon. This is probably exactly what you need and they have rubber on the bottom instead of felt so maybe that will shut certain people up?😉   they have lots of different types of these so take a look around and make sure to measure the stem so you get the right length or it won't work.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075P2RGNR/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1    
    • McQuiods on Mille Lacs rents sleds.  https://www.mcquoidsinn.com/snowmobiling/   Like Leech said, that $200+ is a pretty standard rate.
    • The wife and I did this too.  All comments are pretty spot on.  I can only add that used radios or walkie-talkies to communicate during the procedure and that worked well for us....
    • Had the same experience with the Wranglers.  The one plus is softer tires have more grip.  When they’re new, they’re great!  I don’t plan on going back to them.   I just put on a set of Michelin’s.  Supposed to be all season but more of a highway tread with good siping.  They’ve been great on water and decent in snow; pretty wide channels that clear easily but I’m still holding final judgment till I’ve been on the lake a few times.  The old Michelin’s I took off were worn but last year was miserable on the ice.  The channels were narrow and packed in all the time.  LOTS of getting stuck.  I’m hoping I don’t regret not going the more aggressive route for the sake of a quieter ride.   I don’t know how many miles were on the old Michelins.  
    • bumping this up, basically got 45k out of my Goodyear Wrangler All-Terain Adventures, despite rotating every 5k. Now in the hunt for new tires again, but would be really nice to get some better mileage out of tires. Or are my expectations too high? If they say its a 60k tire I realize everyone's driving situations are unique but for a truck that basically sees the highway I expected more than 45k.