• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

1. Mike89

Mike89

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Be sure to put brakes on it when you build it. It's a lot easier at the build stage. I didn't, it's a huge regret.
    • Did you have any problem with the cutoff end of the skis? Unprotected wood getting wet? 
    • sure looks nice.  I glued some cut offs to my scout last year. really like it so far. 
    • Brackets mounted to the skis are countersunk for a 1/4-20 flat head cap screw. The turning assembly is just a 5/8" bolt. I found some PVC flanges at the local hardwae store that had a nice slip fit over the bolt. I have one in the cross board and one in the plywood with a washer in between. I can take more photos to show the detail.
    • Nice build! Are you using a simple caster as the turning assembly? How do you mount the skiis? I've drilled up from the bottom but have always wondered if there is a mounting style with less drag
    • Grainbelt, I like the ginger in soy in that recipe. Great addition to venison in my opinion. Just curious, why do you add liquid smoke if you're dehydrating in the smoker? 
    • Bummer, should have noted the digital temp controller I used on my furnace/fan set up. These things are awsome for running fans based on heat. Link to one of many sellers. You can set on/off temps anyware from -50 to +250.   https://www.hsolist.com/itm/NEW-12V-24V-110V-220V-STC-1000-Digital-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat-w-NTC/153062796516?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=2&asc=20160908110712&meid=f3c697819e004dacbbe13f5cc5040666&pid=100677&rk=2&rkt=30&sd=362433159234&itm=153062796516&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598&redirect=mobile Pic of mine mounted and small probe sensor (silver thing attached to black wire). Price went up a bit, i only paid $4.96 with free shipping 4 years ago. Been thinking about attaching the probe to my underwater camera with 100 ft of wire & measure water temps.
    • If you go to the grocery store the good bottled water is over a dollar a bottle and one aisle over you can get a gallon jug for 59 cents.    Some things just work out that way lol
    • I used .118 and doubled it up making the top piece to fit on the outside of the hole cover and the bottom to fit on the inside. I riveted the two together with 6 rivets. I then cut a 1/4" slot from the outside to the center and finished up by drilling a handful of 3/4" holes. Don't have any pictures of them right now.  Here is the lexan   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CAWRVJO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    • I used the 10 pound tank for a long time when I had the pop up. didn't care for it in the clam scout. Do you guys drive cars? A lot of people die in them every year... dump happens. Be safe if you refill. don't have any flame in area and refill the correct way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD1CmorB_qM