• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

The dump and run brings home the HJE trophy for the 60th anniversary of the race and on the 20th anniversary of the #3’s win of the race.

Any thoughts?

I’m only a part time fan these days but it seems like the move is totally acceptable these days.  Or is it just if you’re part of racing royalty?  20 years ago there woulda been a fight.

I will say I enjoyed the race and glad it was good since I’ve had to sit on my butt all day not feeling good.  Oh, and the Monster Energy marketing gals don’t suck. :whistle:

Edited by Wanderer

13 hours ago, Wanderer said:

The dump and run brings home the HJE trophy for the 60th anniversary of the race and on the 20th anniversary of the #3’s win of the race.

Any thoughts?

I’m only a part time fan these days but it seems like the move is totally acceptable these days.  Or is it just if you’re part of racing royalty?  20 years ago there woulda been a fight.

I will say I enjoyed the race and glad it was good since I’ve had to sit on my butt all day not feeling good.  Oh, and the Monster Energy marketing gals don’t suck. :whistle:

Winning the Daytona 500 is huge.

The only thing better, is winning it clean.

Move or be moved is fair.

But I could only imagine the shower of beer cans onto the track if roles had been reversed.

;)

Most of the moving on restrictor plates is done by changing the air flow around the car being passed with no or very little contact.

No doubt!

We didn’t have to wonder if there was actual contact though after Dillon said he had a run and just stayed in the gas.

Is what it is.  And that’s the difference I noticed.

That's the problem in restrictor plate races--stay on the gas and hit the car in front or lift and be hit from behind.