Jump to content
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Recommended Posts

Anyone here make their own wine? 

 

I have been doing a little research on the process and plan to give it a shot this year. One of our favorite wines is Redass Rhubarb from Hill City SD and we like other fruit wines. My wife likes anything fruity and sweet. It may take me a while to dial in a few internet recipes to something we like but that's part of the fun.

 

I think I would try making some now but I think I would have to turn up our thermostat to get through the fermentation. It appears that a temp of 70-75 is necessary and our house is usually 62-68 this time of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The JV squad has a steady supply fermenting over in Silly Town:grin:

Some guys on our floor in college made rhubarb and Dandelion wine in the dorm. It was not good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

Anyone here make their own wine?

 

I have been doing a little research on the process and plan to give it a shot this year. One of our favorite wines is Redass Rhubarb from Hill City SD and we like other fruit wines. My wife likes anything fruity and sweet. It may take me a while to dial in a few internet recipes to something we like but that's part of the fun.

 

I think I would try making some now but I think I would have to turn up our thermostat to get through the fermentation. It appears that a temp of 70-75 is necessary and our house is usually 62-68 this time of the year.

 

Dave, head over to "Our Lady of the Prairie" this Sunday. You can get free Wine!  :grin:

Edited by leech~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Wine making

 If you want a sweet and fruity wine --Stay away from those that are made of flowers (dandelion, clover ect.) You can make wine out of just about anything, It all depends on the flavor you want.  Sugar water and yeast fermented makes the alcohol, the rest is for flavor.

 

Flowers make a dry wine, some of the best dry wine I ever made was from dandelions (blossoms only) and it takes lots of blossoms to make a gallon of that.

If you have access to wild plums- go for it and I think you will enjoy.

Yeast is important- get the wine yeast, ordinary yeast is killed way before the fermentation should be done. Do some research and you'll screw up on some ,but learn in the process.

It's all trial and a lot of error.

 

                          Good Luck --Just like cooking on a grill --experiment.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

 

Dave, head over to "Our Lady of the Prairie" this Sunday. You can get free Wine!  :grin:

 

I've had plenty of their wine over the years, I'm not a fan and it's definitely not free....;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

 

I've had plenty of their wine over the years, I'm not a fan and it's definitely not free....;)

 

Well ok, it may cost you your Soul!  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

 

Well ok, it may cost you your Soul!  :P

 

Or at least $20 in the collection basket, about the same worth.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

 

Or at least $20 in the collection basket, about the same worth.....

It's not about what you might spend but what you might save ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

It's not about what you might spend but what you might save ;)

 

.25¢ on the free sip of church wine? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PF “whines” all the time.  I’m sure you could collect his tears.  I’m guessing they’re a bit sour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like always....I’m living so rent free in your head you have to bring your tears to other sections of the site.  Fish on.........

8B69F3CE-4F38-4665-8238-4F207055BCF5.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×