• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alumalite or Ice Trek skid house

walleye 4 me

Anyone have any experience with either or both of these? Would like one in a 5x7' or a little longer for fishing devils lake, lake of the woods, and lake winnipeg. not interested in the lil munckin short size. I would like the full height ceiling so I can stand up. Any thoughts on how well a indy trail touring (488cc fan cooled w/ long track) would work to pull a house like this? Im guessing with gear, the house would be around 500 lbs.

I have not used one, but they have attracted my attention. I have a wheelhouse but think this would be a better early ice option. Surprised at how pricey they are, but aluminum must be spendy! I think your ability to pull with the snowmobile will vary with snow depth, slushy conditions etc..... Studs will probably be helpful?  If you go that route, report back how it works!

My house weighs about 900 but it’s a tad bigger at 8x12 with 9 foot interior height. once it’s moving it pulls fine with my side by side but the issue is getting it moving as I don’t have chains. But I do have tracks, this is a great setup for me for a Day house and I only fish the chain of lakes my cottage is on. 

AABE041F-C0B5-4DB0-9046-0E5679C30B46.jpeg

I have a 6x12 alumalite  with a v front. I pull it all over the north end of lake of the woods. I buy a new polaris widetrak every winter to pull my alumalite . I'm going on 4 years  with it and it has been awesome. A smaller 5x7 could be pulled by indy trail touring  . I pull mine 20 miles one way all the time . I had never been stuck pulling it with a widetrak until  last weekend. I drove into some major slush. It took  2 days to get it out. 

20180107_103234.jpg

20171125_073300.jpg

It was 31 below zero when i found  this slush .This is only time I got stuck it was about 2 feet of slush .  I had to jack it out of the water and let it sit for a day half.  I had to hook  3 widetracks together to get it out. 

20180113_100550.jpg

20180113_100601.jpg

20180113_094645.jpg

20180114_102023.jpg

20180114_102552.jpg