• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Utv in toy hauler

HateWork

Hello,

I am looking at a tandem axle toy hauler fish house.  My UTV is 63" wide and 76" tall. 

I am looking at Firebrand, Yetti, Big Bite and Ice Castle.  Most of the houses listed have an average width between the wheel wells of 64".  so this leaves me about a 1/2" clearance on each side of the UTV.  I am looking at the custom build.  Some dealers are saying I can gain about an inch depending on the trim options.

How are guys with UTVs loading them with limited width clearance? 

Are you driving in as far as you can and then crawling over the hood or out the back, over the box?

Driving in partially and then pushing it in the rest of way?

Driving in partially and them winching rest of the way in?

Backing in and using the extra room where the fold up rear bunks are to exit the machine?  my machine has half doors.

I am just looking for options/ideas because I want a toy hauler fish house.

Thank you for the advice

How big of house are you looking for? There are a few enclosed trailer builders that are in the fish house game offering drop down options with taller side walls needed to fit a UTV. If you are looking for something with fancy fit and finish I suggest talking to the folks at the lodge in Brookings sd 

The size of the house is around 8x21 or a bit larger, plus the V.  I emailed the folks at Lodge asking for their dimensions. 

Do you know of any cargo trailer builders with drop down axles?

Thank you for the help.

Ridgeline has a tandem axle but only 18' + the vee, so may be smaller than you need. But their heavy hauler models are built for hauling a UTV.

Core also has their new ATX model that they advertise as being able to fit a UTV with tracks.

I also remember seeing somewhere that Yetti increased the size of their toy hauler doors to be able to get a UTV in.

I saw the Core at the ice show with a 4 seat UTV with tracks in it.

Also look up X-Treme Ice holes on facebook. He's in SD and does drop down axle conversions for enclosed trailers

Edited by vtx1029

Starting with the 2018 model year (released in March 2017), all 8' wide Yetti's have a 72" x 80" rear ramp door. Many common interior finishes reduce the width down to 70". There are 17'+V front and 21'+V front tandem hydraulic models available. In addition, these Traxx Editions (toy haulers) have adequate hauling capacity for your UTV plus gear. 

Good luck on your search! 

https://yettioutdoors.com/products/#traxx