• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2018 gardens

smurfy

17 hours ago, Grainbelt said:

Jalapenos are really producing now, habaneros are winding down. 

20180906_152502.jpg

Nice pile. ?

I've been thinking of some different stuffing ideas for mine?  One of them is to make potato boats and stuff them with half cut stuffed Jalapenos with sour cream, cheese, bacon and 11 secret herbs and spices, either grilled or in the smoker!!  Like a boat in a boat! ?

Edited by leech~~

5 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Jalapenos with sour cream, cheese, bacon and 11 secret herbs and spices, either grilled or in the smoker!!

Bacon, did you say bacon? MMM

We have a group of friends coming over tonight that have been coming over at this time of season for years. Poppers, beverages, Bags and talking smart is what is on the agenda. I've got two Weber kettles out for tonight. I cut them in half, fill with Romano cheese and wrap with bacon mmm bacon. Hope the kids take it easy on me in bags tonight!

Second round of peppers are still going strong for the next batch of pepper sauce. This time I'm turning up the heat.

My artichoke plants look great, but no chokes yet, kinda doubting they will appear before the first real frost. Who knows, they might shoot up quick?

But maybe we will have another long fall, picked these November 5th 2016...........

14991044_1341089815923165_74867654953775419_o.jpg

Potatoes and carrots still in the ground. They don't need to come out yet. They keep the best in the ground until it looks like the ground will freeze. Carrots get sweeter with freezes.Still picking fall raspberries.

My green peppers were so strange this year. We had an early harvest and then nothing all summer. Now I have 20 or so small ones on the plants. I am going to try my best to keep the plants going.