• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got a bad Frabil tip up

Hawg

I have always had good luck with frebil tip ups, so this is not a bad mouthing thread. But I got one for Christmas that the flag will not stay down no matter what I do.  It’s the round style which I like because it keeps the holes open pretty well.  If I push the center post all the way down it works but then you can’t fold it up. I can push it down as far as I possibly can and still have it fold up to no avail, it slips off the hard set side or the soft set side immediately. Anybody else get one that had this problem?  I have probably 25 tip ups so I’m not a rookie at this, but it sure is mind-boggling. 

Edited by Hawg

Yep.  I have some but haven’t used them for a while.

Are they minnow trips right away?  You can pinch the line in the guide.

Is the tab completely flat on the bottom?  Wondering if it’s tapered up at all - ya know, defective?

I’d check how square that is.  

Shouldn’t trip right away.  When I used mine it was with suckers for pike.  Maybe file a light notch in the tab?

You really shouldn’t have any problems with it.  

Got a gift receipt?  Something sounds amiss.

Yup, I have to believe defective. I can’t get the flag to stay down sitting in my living room with no pressure on it, it just slides off as fast as I can reset it.  Checking to see if it’s flat was my next plan,  but now it’s out at the Fishhouse so I’ll do that today. My plan is to flatten it out and then maybe put a small piece of friction tape on the bottom of the bar for a try.  Should just take it back but now it’s a challenge 

‘Mornin.

Ha!  I like the challenge part. :D  Friction tape is an interesting idea.

-24 here.  I’m going through some gear too instead of being on the ice.  For now anyway.  If I try for pike I should break my old thermals out.  Maybe get some other ideas.  Good luck!