• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We could be riding the nsst

LoonASea

Looks like its about time to put the sleds to bed. Might be a couple places you could put on a couple miles but is got to be getting thin and any traffic this weekend will probably take care of it. And if we happen to get any wet sloppy snow they probably wont be able to groom it anyway. At least I set a new record this year and got about 700+ miles on. Only took me 3 years to break in the new sled.

I'm thinking about the same. Once I saw the guy on his Harley heading up 35W at 6:30am in 36 degree weather when I was going Ice fishing. I knew it was getting close. Glad I got the grandkids out in the sleigh last weekend for a few hours in before the end. :)

I watched a few boats launch from Two Harbors this morning ,,, Had to break thru skim ice to the end of the breakwall but they are out on open water fishing ,,, With all the sunshine we have gotten up here the NSST and the Taconite are rather dirty on the open south facing slopes,,,, My riding season is over with just about 1,000 miles on the sled for the season ,,,, Now to concentrate on those dang salmon out on superior 

42 minutes ago, Surface Tension said:

Done with trail riding but plenty of snow on the lakes up here so I'm leaving one sled ready for late ice crappies.  Pulled the reeds on the Renegade to inspect and clean, then ended up ordering up a set of Boyesen rage cages.    

Do you have to re-jet for those as well?

Fuel injected so no.  If it were carbed they'd come off and be cleaned too.  The throttle bodies were cleaned though.  The exhaust valves were cleaned earlier.  Got to like Amazon for prices and vendors that ship right away.   Reeds are in then noticed when filling with antifreeze my coolant cap didn't fit. The neck warped from heat off the muffler.   I'll have to true that up and probably put in a heat deflector.  Then stabil in the tank and into the enclosed trailer for season.

Thought I'd share the fix on the coolant tank for the Rev.

15/16 socket is the correct size for the inside dia of the coolant tank neck. 

Warm the tank neck with heat gun and the heat the socket hot enough to not melt the plastic tank neck, insert the socket into the tank neck.

Use a band clamp close the the size of the opening of the filler neck and tighten and let cool.

This reformed the coolant tank neck and the coolant cap fit perfectly.   

20 minutes ago, Surface Tension said:

Thought I'd share the fix on the coolant tank for the Rev.

15/16 socket is the correct size for the inside dia of the coolant tank neck. 

Warm the tank neck with heat gun and the heat the socket hot enough to not melt the plastic tank neck, insert the socket into the tank neck.

Use a band clamp close the the size of the opening of the filler neck and tighten and let cool.

This reformed the coolant tank neck and the coolant cap fit perfectly.   

Sounds good. Now whats the fix to keep it from happening again? some kind of heat shield?

32 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

Might get in one last ride in this season ,,, Thats if the weather terrorists are right THIS TIME!!!

Have fun! Mines been under the tarp for 2 weeks now. :(

Was up on the north shore last few days. Silver bay area has-pretty much no snow and trails are like they look in summer. Got not even a dusting up there when the rest of the state got a foot plus. Drive 4 hours south and theres 14 inches on the ground had to go for a rip around the yard.