• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We could be riding the nsst

LoonASea

6 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

Well we can screw  this forecast,,, Now they are expecting 1-3 inches ,,, Time to sell the sled and get a nice side by side utv

NEVER!  But, you might be right. :sick:  I do still use it to bang around on the lakes fishing thou.

Well after this weekend I will be caught up on the stuff I had to get done. My sled is in the trailer ready to go and one way or another I am going to find some snow somewhere. I don't even want to think what a 2 year old sled with 200 miles on it is worth. And I have a 95 Jag and a 98 ZL 440 in near mint shape with low miles I'm keeping for vintage sled rides some day. LoonASea you up for a snowmobile trip in the near future? Like to go somewhere during the week to avoid some traffic and bumpy trails.

1 hour ago, Walleyehooker said:

Well after this weekend I will be caught up on the stuff I had to get done. My sled is in the trailer ready to go and one way or another I am going to find some snow somewhere. I don't even want to think what a 2 year old sled with 200 miles on it is worth. And I have a 95 Jag and a 98 ZL 440 in near mint shape with low miles I'm keeping for vintage sled rides some day. LoonASea you up for a snowmobile trip in the near future? Like to go somewhere during the week to avoid some traffic and bumpy trails.

You guys may have to hit the UP to find some good snow after this?  Which I had some weekday time to go with.

We may get an inch of snow with this weather "cant call this a storm" The iron range is already reporting 7 inches of snow ,,, May have to hit the taconite and run to Ely 

Now the wait for temps to get above 0 with a cold snap behind this snow fall 

Edited by LoonASea

Hey LAS, drove by your house Tuesday morning taking the sleds to RJ's, but all was quiet so didnt stop.

Both sleds in for recall work (gas tanks prone to crack and leak gas on the engine and cause a fire). Got called this morning, wifes sled was fine but my tank had a crack in it and they have to replace the whole works:crazy::crazy:.  Of course none in stock so won't be done til late next Friday.

Like you, I havn't been on here in quite some time, had a really slow day at work today so browsing many of the "old sites' I used to peruse often. 

Junior has B-ball games this and next Saturday, but I'm open the weekend of the 27/28 if a ride is in the works.  Or could maybe do a day trip next sunday if the sled is done.

Leech, we gotta figure out how to do this "retirement" gig so we can ride weekdays too :D:D 

Edited by Xplorer
SP

Poorly.

The days I could get out it was blowing 20+ and unfishable 99% of the time.   I can't tell you how many days I headed up 21st street to work shaking my head cause it was a perfect day to be out trolling.  And work was the worst I've ever had last summer so that didnt help.

I saw some nice pic's of your Isle Royale trip on GLA......soooooo jealous;)

How was your summer in the west end of the Superior?

27 minutes ago, Xplorer said:

Hey LAS, drove by your house Tuesday morning taking the sleds to RJ's, but all was quiet so didnt stop.

Both sleds in for recall work (gas tanks prone to crack and leak gas on the engine and cause a fire). Got called this morning, wifes sled was fine but my tank had a crack in it and they have to replace the whole works:crazy::crazy:.  Of course none in stock so won't be done til late next Friday.

Like you, I havn't been on here in quite some time, had a really slow day at work today so browsing many of the "old sites' I used to peruse often.

Junior has B-ball games this and next Saturday, but I'm open the weekend of the 27/28 if a ride is in the works.  Or could maybe do a day trip next sunday if the sled is done.

Leech, we gotta figure out how to do this "retirement" gig so we can ride weekdays too :D:D

Geez, hate to hear about the recall. What years-models was it for since I now have a Cat? :confused:

25 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

I can borrow you guys some grey hair if that helps with a retirement plan!!!

How about giving my kid a high school diploma and a college degree in something useful so he can hit the workforce;)

Once those two things are done, then I am done LOL:D

OK, OK.  He's only 15 but I can wish can't I.

Edited by Xplorer
MM

1 minute ago, leech~~ said:

Geez, hate to hear about the recall. What years-models was it for since I now have a Cat? :confused:

Recall #17-724

2007-2009 Cats of various types.  About 20700 units total.    918"incidents" reported and 6 fires. No injuries reported:whistle:

A co-worker of mine got a notice in the mail about hers as an original owner.  I bought our two machines a year old from a resort out in Colorado thru a guy in the Cities so I'm not listed with Cat.  

4 minutes ago, Xplorer said:

Recall #17-724

2007-2009 Cats of various types.  About 20700 units total.    918"incidents" reported and 6 fires. No injuries reported:whistle:

A co-worker of mine got a notice in the mail about hers as an original owner.  I bought our two machines a year old from a resort out in Colorado thru a guy in the Cities so I'm not listed with Cat.

Wow, that is a pretty large failure rate!  Even though my sled I just picked up is like new with only 122 miles on it. It's a 2003 so I'm good. Thanks for the heads up.

I really hope we can get a bunch of people together for a ride sometime this winter yet! :)

Edited by leech~~

1 minute ago, LoonASea said:

there is a youtube video in the great lakes salmon forum here on HSO check it out if you have a spare 22 minutes

Funny, I just watched again last night.  You guys had a great trip. ;)

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, Xplorer said:

Recall #17-724

I had to bring my 2008 in for that recall, I waited  till riding was about done for the year before I had it done. doesn't matter much now since I traded it off this season for my new machine that has a whopping 5 miles on it now, great timing for a new sled. hopefully it will get used plenty next weekend, its looking promising.

Im riding tomorrow ,,, Hope the twin cities gets hit with this next weather forecast (cant call it a storm yet) You guys that wait for perfect conditions ,,,, Well hope you get perfect conditions ,,, meanwhile Im spinning my track on what trail conditions we have up here 

33 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

Im riding tomorrow ,,, Hope the twin cities gets hit with this next weather forecast (cant call it a storm yet) You guys that wait for perfect conditions ,,,, Well hope you get perfect conditions ,,, meanwhile Im spinning my track on what trail conditions we have up here

Dang it, it will snow more and I will have one Train wreck this year!!! :angry:   If I have to drive up there!  :D

Have fun and watch those trees on the Brisk Pace ride! :)

Leech just remember that Trainwreck feels like a bowling ball in your stomach when you head back out on the trail ,,, Thats fine if the trail is smooth ,,, a real B@tch if its kinda bumpy 

I may head to Wisc if the snow heads east during this next snowfall