• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We could be riding the nsst

LoonASea

59 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

If by chance we get the lake effect snow they are forecasting I might be able to get a few miles in on the NSST ,,, might have to travel to get into some good snow but at least Im not coming up from the the cities

Go get some buddy!  Once all the Holidays cheer is up after the 1st I should be good to go!! :)

Edited by leech~~

DNR snow map as of today. Looks like up by Finland and North should be good to go! 

I have the day after New Years Tuesday Jan 2nd  off of work.

What do you guys think for a ride on that day?  :)

May have to trailer up to Finland and take off out of the 4 Seasons bar?

Snow Depth and Groomed Trail Conditions

snow depth map
Edited by leech~~

I will be honest,,,, With the lack of activity on this site as a whole (besides the activity in silly town) I will soon be leaving this forum and frequent other sites that are more aligned and active to my interests ,,, This used to be my most frequented forum but changes  created others to flee and now its my time to flee also 

6 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

I will be honest,,,, With the lack of activity on this site as a whole (besides the activity in silly town) I will soon be leaving this forum and frequent other sites that are more aligned and active to my interests ,,, This used to be my most frequented forum but changes  created others to flee and now its my time to flee also

Well you have my email address.

The sled forum and you guys that I have met and ridden with in the past years is one of the only reasons I hang in here as well. I know we can always pick up a ride over on the other sled site but it seems like most of those guy want to ride point A to B at 80 mph all the time. I actually like to stop and talk, explore the area and see the scenery once in a while when I drive 150 miles up to the North Shore to ride.

Keep in touch with Walleyehooker and I so we can tag along on a ride or two with ya! ;)

1 hour ago, LoonASea said:

Only  a small portion of the NSST is open to 4 wheelers 

Yeah, I don't know what is exactly the NSST but I know there are 4 wheeler trails in the area that I want to check out. I didn't realize there were ATV trails up there until we were camping in Two Harbors this fall and we talked to some fellow campers who brought wheelers and were riding trails in the area.

30 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Yeah, I don't know what is exactly the NSST but I know there are 4 wheeler trails in the area that I want to check out. I didn't realize there were ATV trails up there until we were camping in Two Harbors this fall and we talked to some fellow campers who brought wheelers and were riding trails in the area.

I have heard of people doing Resort to resort or motel to motel rides along the North shore on wheelers in the summer or fall but not sure which stretch they run to do it?

Hey LoonASea and Walleyehooker what do you guys think about a ride on Tue Jan 2nd which it will still be a bit below zero or Sat Jan 6th when it is suppose to warm back up in the upper teens or 20's above Two Harbors? 

Let me know what you think?  :)

Yeah this riding season is suking big time. Rode around ice fishing a bit last Sunday. Looks like the following weekend of the 20th is another warming trend coming.

Not sure where that other retired guy Walleyehunter is?  Must have took for the sun somewhere?

I see the 20th is the HCS ride on the northshore. May be I'll have to come up and ride tail end sweeper, sweeper behind you!  :grin: