• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Register Wheel House

Niteryder

My Dad traded a boat last year for a wheel house and I would guess the house was never registered.  We mostly rebuilt it from the ground up because it was too wide to pull down the road. 

Anyway, my Dad passed away early this year before he could register or use it.  It was handed down to me and I am a little confused how to get it registered.  I don't have any receipts for anything and it's 7.5'x12'.  So, under 3k lbs is my guess.  Any ideas?

Thanks!  I went and spoke with the DMV, I was given a sheet for homemade trailers so I can itemize the parts.  Then I need to add up the values to pay sales tax on.  She said I can write "on-hand" for the parts so no receipt is needed.

Just posting for reference.

Interesting.  We are in MN and about a year and a half ago registered one that was completely home-built and we didn't need a weight slip and we didn't have to pay sales tax on most of it because we had already paid the tax on most of the items we bought.  Just wheels and a couple other items bought online that weren't taxed.

I just registered my last week. you don't need a weigh slip but you need to know how much it weighs empty and what the gvw is. There are two spots on the homemade trailer sheet for those two numbers.