• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Suspension ?

mabr

I have a 95 440  MXZ that needs some work on suspension thats bone stock . I remember reading on here or somewhere that there are other suspensions that will give better travel and would work alot better. Anyone know what will fit on my sled?

1 hour ago, mabr said:

I have a 95 440  MXZ that needs some work on suspension thats bone stock . I remember reading on here or somewhere that there are other suspensions that will give better travel and would work alot better. Anyone know what will fit on my sled?

mabr you old dog long time no hear. :)

Not to kick your trusty old Doo but by the time you buy some after market suspension, new or even find some use parts.  It may be cheaper to find a new used sled.  Right now there are tons of them on the C sales site. There is a company called FAST that makes after markets not sure if they have any that will fit it though?  There also use to be one in Dennis Kirk that sold parts to fit exciting suspensions but I have not heard much about them anymore! It is always fun to play around though so if you feel like building something up, there is a guy called Powermodz on the Tube that does a lot of his own upgrades.

Good luck.

Edited by leech~~

10 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Ok.... so not direct bolt in... I had to remount the rear holes of the skid to allow for the increase in travel, but it works. Quite a bit of info on dootalk. You have the S chassis right?

I think moving to the lower holes only moves the track deeper out of the tunnel but doesn't really increase travel of the suspension because the shafts are really in the same place that they were. 

Ok didn't liked any of those ideas?  The best you may do at a lower cost at least is to freshen up the suspension with new shocks and springs.

Lets do a ride or some ice fishing this year!  :)

wasnt sure that was directed at me leech, FYI I lurk around once in a while, just not the same old site it used to be.  

Ended up looking for the idler wheels. Who would have thought a 95 mxzx was a one off.   Went walking through a sled junk yard and still no rear idle wheels, its a 155 MM idler wheel, I think i have a source for it , but can anyone tell me how many different bearing sizes are there?  Id hate to order the wrong size.

I've had my house out for 2 weeks getting 1-2 every time I've gone so far.

1 hour ago, mabr said:

wasnt sure that was directed at me leech, FYI I lurk around once in a while, just not the same old site it used to be.

Ended up looking for the idler wheels. Who would have thought a 95 mxzx was a one off.   Went walking through a sled junk yard and still no rear idle wheels, its a 155 MM idler wheel, I think i have a source for it , but can anyone tell me how many different bearing sizes are there?  Id hate to order the wrong size.

I've had my house out for 2 weeks getting 1-2 every time I've gone so far.

Anything said above was just in fun. :)

Have you tried Dennis Kirk or some of the On-line places like Al's?  There aren't as many parts yards around in MN like there use to be but below are a few of them.  Also, on the C/List and web sites like this one "mn atv/utv/ snowmobile swap and shop" guys are parting out a lot of sleds you may find something there?

Good luck.

Ske's Snowmobile Parts

4917 Lightning Dr, Duluth · (218) 624-2183

Harlan's Snowmobile & Motorcycle Salvage

1800 County Road 27 NW, Willmar · (320) 235-2059

Mohawk Salvage & Repair

4017 N Salmi Rd, Hibbing · (218) 263-3832

Dan's Snowmobile & ATV Salvage

305 Bridge St N, Clarissa · (218) 756-2256

Mans Snowmobile Parts

23439 Cross Park Rd, Hinckley, Minnesota 55037
(320) 384-6736