• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New wheel house brand to check out - Legend

JustEyes

Wanted to give a shout out to Legend Manufacturing in Ellsworth, WI.       www.legendicehouse.com

They are building a very nice all aluminum frame fish house .  I took delivery of mine about a month ago. 

Gary Hible is the owner and he was great to work with on any customizing I wanted done and installing extra features.  The fit/finish and quality are second to none.  I have owned two 8 x 16 wheel houses prior to the Legend and there is no comparison.  The Legend has a hydraulic lift system that is one pin and one button to operate, doesn't get any easier.  Legend has lots of model options and sizes to choose from.  The build was on time and the price was exactly as quoted.  Gary was even nice enough to deliver it to my home, cant ask for better customer service.  Attached are a few pictures of my house, the graphics were my own after market addition.  Pricing is between big brand X and brand Y if you follow, very competitive.

Good luck on the Ice!

IMG_3528.JPG

IMG_3530.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

That's a nice looking house! I have been looking at a bunch of wheel houses this year but won't be getting one until next year. I like the idea of the all aluminum frame but don't like the price associated with them. I always said if I were to go the wheel house route I would finish the inside myself but with the list of honey do's I've got going there would be a good chance I'd never have it on the lake. 

It is an 8 x 16, model 8616-NDC.  The weight came in at 3400, the builder weighed it for an actual weight, not estimated.

price was 23,700 before my added extras.  Price package includes everything except tv setup and rattle wheels. 

Looks very nice.  Anymore pictures?  Price is right inline, especially being hydraulic lift.  Weight is very similar to my 8x16 Yetti, mine was 3200 weighed at the elevator scale.   Any connection to Legend enclosed trailers?

No connection to Legend trailers that I am aware of. Any particular pics you want to see?  Can post some more later. 

There is a board separating the bottom of the sofa and the furnace/duct work. Prob no different than in a lower cabinet or under the stove where my last one was located.

Thanks to this web site forums have a digital Pro1 thermostat installed, reads temp and starts furnace in the cold weather below 40 degrees.   Waiting for -20 for the real test but so far so good

IMG_1945.JPG

Edited by JustEyes

Same thermostat I have as well, works good so far.  Regulations for furnace placement?  Why on earth would there be?  One of the reasons I built my own yetti vs buying one was the furnace location.  I put mine under the front couch as well, nice even heat blowing towards the door and the rear of the house.  Yetti's had a one duct furnace under the front cabinet blowing back, poor design IMO, hot up front cool in the back, already had a house like that.  Ice castles also have poor duct placement, some models are better than others, and I get why because the layout determines it to some point.  You will love your furnace where its at.

The batteries, had 2 put in, the hydraulics, and the furnace are all under the couch.  4 air vents for heat distribution.

There is a 30 amp generator plug in on the opposite side of the house you can't see.  Also spare tire mount on back.  Will snap some more pics this weekend.

4 hours ago, aczr2k said:

Same thermostat I have as well, works good so far.  Regulations for furnace placement?  Why on earth would there be?  One of the reasons I built my own yetti vs buying one was the furnace location.  I put mine under the front couch as well, nice even heat blowing towards the door and the rear of the house.  Yetti's had a one duct furnace under the front cabinet blowing back, poor design IMO, hot up front cool in the back, already had a house like that.  Ice castles also have poor duct placement, some models are better than others, and I get why because the layout determines it to some point.  You will love your furnace where its at.

Seems to me there is something out there for furnace placement under a sleeping surface as it relates to OEM application. I might be wrong, just thought some of the smart guys on here would know...

Guess I had never heard of such a thing before, or even it being mentioned on here on what not to do.  I do know on some of the new yetti houses (2018) the furnace is now under the front couch.  I didn't give it a second thought, not saying your wrong at all, I wanted the furnace placed for the best heat distribution.  I rarely sleep in mine and I built it for me not the next guy.

This is a Sweet House, Congrats on the purchase; So Jealous!!!

Seriously, this is the exact configuration my Buddy and I are looking at.

I am glad to hear the Hydraulic Lift/House weight is only 3,400lb.  I have been seeing some up to 6000lb.

A question about the jack knife in the front.  Can a 6'2" person sleep on that comfortably?

What were some of the extras they were able to assist with.

I love the TV's.  Do you have Camera Inputs on these?

Enjoy!!!

i think those jackknife couches are 72 inches but not positive, will check on that.  The back dinette bed would be almost 8 feet wide. Here are some more pics of the furnace, batteries, and hydraulic system under the couch.  Also the Biffy and closet in the front, the stereo system with Bluetooth, some USB charging ports next to it, cabinet for the satellite receiver with all connections tucked inside.  Pic of the outside 30 amp generator plug in and propane tanks.  Has lights over the tanks and entry door.  You can connect whatever you want to the tv, so yes a water camera would work on that.  Hoping to get on the ice next weekend!!  Good luck to all...

IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_3583.JPG

IMG_3585.JPG

IMG_3587.JPG

IMG_3592.JPG

IMG_3589.JPG

Yes, build to order at this point.  Custom.  I placed my order in mid August, the main build started in September and he was done by the end of October.  He builds several at a time and has a third party building the aluminum base frame.  He is a mechanical engineer by trade so very much into the details. Gary kept me up to date along the way and we emailed frequently with build detail decisions to get it the way I wanted.  i believe they also just moved into a larger production shop.

i forgot to mention earlier with those pictures that there is a wood board over the couch base hole and under the jacknife sofa.