• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Big Dave2

What's the next gun you're going to buy?

Recommended Posts

For those of us who are gun owners it seems we are always looking at guns and salivating over the "next" gun we want to get our hands on.

What is that "next" gun for you?

For me, I don't have a lot of guns and I'm usually very practically minded when it comes to guns. I'm usually after something to do a specific job like an over-under for grouse or a rifle for deer but with growing sentiment for gun control laws in this country and state, I am considering something a bit less practical before it is too late. I know everyone now days wants an AR-15 and I also think they are cool to look at but not that practical in my mind for the things I want to do with it. Not to mention the money a good one can cost. You can laugh at me all you want but the next firearm I purchase will probably be a Hi-Point carbine in 9mm. I know, I know, Hi-Points are cheap guns, right? But I have a Hi-Point .45 pistol and I love the thing. It's big and ugly just like me and when you pull the trigger it goes bang every time. What more could you want for a sub $150 gun. The carbines can be had for under $300. No-brainer to me.

So, what is YOUR next gun?

 

hi_point__995TS_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be the next addition to the family. The little lady likes the Kimber Micro 9 Eclipse. No arguments from me, she's always had good taste. :)

 

micro9_eclipse_532_495.png

Edited by Duffman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Hi-point 9mm carbine. It's a fun gun to shoot. It goes bang when I pull the trigger. That's about all I was looking for when I bought it. I haven't shot it for a few years now though. 

 

I picked up a Savage model 12 on Black Friday in 6.5 creed. Still need to put a scope on it. It's a heavy barrel so I doubt I'll be carrying it in the woods very far but it should be a good shooter. I'm still not sure what I'll use it for but I can figure that out later. 

 

Im really not sure what's next on the list. I don't have any revolvers. I wouldn't mind having a 357. 

 

Im more of a used gun buyer so a lot of my purchases happen when I come across the right deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve always wanted a Henry Golden Boy even though I have no need for one.  I could use one in .22 for squirrels around the house but would probably buy one in .44 Mag instead.  For some reason I like the idea of a rifle that can shoot the same rounds as my hand cannon.

An actual rifle that I would use is a custom 6.5 Creedmore though if I start hunting deer west of MN again.

Of course there’s always fun stuff that can come along like this.

D47BE0B5-3B3A-492E-A910-BDB6627E802B.png.173b9e2920b4a2efa8f8d43b5b578803.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

For those of us who are gun owners it seems we are always looking at guns and salivating over the "next" gun we want to get our hands on.

What is that "next" gun for you?

For me, I don't have a lot of guns and I'm usually very practically minded when it comes to guns. I'm usually after something to do a specific job like an over-under for grouse or a rifle for deer but with growing sentiment for gun control laws in this country and state, I am considering something a bit less practical before it is too late. I know everyone now days wants an AR-15 and I also think they are cool to look at but not that practical in my mind for the things I want to do with it. Not to mention the money a good one can cost. You can laugh at me all you want but the next firearm I purchase will probably be a Hi-Point carbine in 9mm. I know, I know, Hi-Points are cheap guns, right? But I have a Hi-Point .45 pistol and I love the thing. It's big and ugly just like me and when you pull the trigger it goes bang every time. What more could you want for a sub $150 gun. The carbines can be had for under $300. No-brainer to me.

So, what is YOUR next gun?

 

hi_point__995TS_b.jpg

Dang I just sold my .45 carbine If I would of known you wanted one I would have gave you a good deal.

If anything hi point did right it is make a good carbine.

not pictures but had a red dot on it too fun gun

 

65D5C348-7A2F-42E0-AA4E-B9E2B012819B.jpeg

Edited by ZachD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a Sig 220 in stainless. I like the Sig's, but not always the price.  Maybe, just for shi** and giggles,  a Bersa Thunder to pop cans with, if I can find a cheap used one. Need a few 9mm's; want to downgrade a tad from the .40 cals.....ammo is gettin' too spendy, and the carry guns seem to be gettin' too heavy.  Only 9mm I have left is the LC9S, and it's not one of my favorites. Just tucks and hides well.....

Image result for sig p220

DSC01100 (2).JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RebelSS said:

 

DSC01100 (2).JPG

See, who said you don't get any "pieces" when you get old! :lol:

Edited by leech~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Of course there’s always fun stuff that can come along like this.

D47BE0B5-3B3A-492E-A910-BDB6627E802B.png.173b9e2920b4a2efa8f8d43b5b578803.png

What in God's name would you need a N-Mpls gun, up where you live now? :confused:  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

What in God's name would you need a N-Mpls gun, up where you live now? :confused:  :P

That thing shoots pop cans.

When I think of a N-MPLS gun, I think of the pistol version of BD's hi-point.  Brand new 9mm for like $120.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

That thing shoots pop cans.

When I think of a N-MPLS gun, I think of the pistol version of BD's hi-point.  Brand new 9mm for like $120.

This would be a Hi Point N-MPLS gun:

 

hi pont dollar bill.jpg

For less than $200, this gun can be your too! :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Either a Taurus Judge or S&W Governor. I like the governor better much not sure it is worth the extra $$$

Ever tried out a Charter Arms Bulldog? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Ever tried out a Charter Arms Bulldog? 

That doesn't shoot .410 shells like the Judge or Governor, does it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Either a Taurus Judge or S&W Governor. I like the governor better much not sure it is worth the extra $$$

IMO, those guns are kind of a fun novelty anyway so I would have a hard time spending the $ on a S&W. I would rather buy the Taurus and another cheap gun with the same money, but that's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

That doesn't shoot .410 shells like the Judge or Governor, does it?

Nope.    .44 cal is big enough to do the job.  Even my .357 up there ^ shooting a 180 gr FMJ will punch out yer engine block.

If you pack rock salt into a .410 shell, like years ago,  does that make it an A SALT weapon? :scratch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Nope.    .44 cal is big enough to do the job. 

All I'm saying is that is usually the allure of those guns that shoot .45 or .410.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

This would be a Hi Point N-MPLS gun:

 

hi pont dollar bill.jpg

For less than $200, this gun can be your too! :cool:

IF I passed the background check - right? ;)

 

5 hours ago, leech~~ said:

What in God's name would you need a N-Mpls gun, up where you live now? :confused:  :P

For tossing beers around while ice fishing of course.  Maximizes my fishing time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Nope.    .44 cal is big enough to do the job.  Even my .357 up there ^ shooting a 180 gr FMJ will punch out yer engine block.

If you pack rock salt into a .410 shell, like years ago,  does that make it an A SALT weapon? :scratch:

Nope.... this is an A SALT gun

 

 

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

All I'm saying is that is usually the allure of those guns that shoot .45 or .410.

Yup.... during fall harvest and tillage I see a lot of varmits. Would be nice to have a few 410 rounds for some coons and a 45 colt for the yotes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • Sounds like you guys gave her heck up there to find them. I'd be praying thanks, too if I got that one on! ☺️
    • Quick recap:   Weather was too darn “nice”!  Upper 80’s - 90’s; no wind to speak of; mostly sunny. Water temps were anywhere from 64 - 71 depending on location and day.   We looked the lake over from end to end, marking up our map and returning to some places where we saw fish either later the same day or a couple days later.  We could literally see the transition from spawn to post spawn happening during our stay.  Being new to both muskie fishing and that lake, we spent time in dead water as much as good water but feel like we got a pretty good handle on how to go about setting up a more efficient return visit.  It was a lot work and long hours but I’d go back this weekend if I could so I must’ve enjoyed it.   A few pics as hoped for:
    • big dave 2 and leech, darn good lookin meals!!!!  Dave have a good weekend!!!!
    • Ok Dave have a good weekend. Hope you get over the whole butt hurt Leech deal! Not sure where you got that I don't like folks smoking or grilling things?  I know I do enough. Have fun! 🙂  
    • Heavy rains across northwestern Wisconsin last weekend and early this week have flooded some roads and caused washouts on some highways, roads, state parks, forests and trails. According to the National Weather Service the area has received 7 to 12 inches of rain from Friday through Monday.Several park system property or portions of properties are closed due flooding. Amnicon Falls State Park, closed temporarily but has reopened, though some roads, trails and observation areas remain closed. Pattison State Park is open for camping only; all trails, observation areas, picnic and day-use areas are closed. There are washouts on the dam that forms Interfalls Lake and Highway 35 over the dam is closed. A campground and horse trail are closed at Governor Knowles State Forest and the day use areas along the river at Interstate Park are underwater.Water was roaring over Little Manitou Falls at Pattison State Park.Photo credit: Gervase ThompsonAll rivers in the region are running extremely high. The falls at both Amnicon and Pattison are roaring, but road closures mean observing the falls now is challenging. The Bois Brule and Flambeau rivers are high enough that some canoe launches and campsites are underwater. The water is making its way downstream and the Lower Wisconsin River is running very high with all sandbars submerged and canoeing and kayaking not recommended. The river is expected to crest Muscoda this weekend at 40,000 cubic feet per second. .
    • I'm still going to smoke this fatty while camping this weekend whether Leech likes it or not.....😋       See you fellers on Monday........
    • Rick didn't like all the "My Grills bigger and better then yours" posts!  😅
    • We switched to a new server. Had a glitch in our dB that lost a couple days of posts.
    • I ripped a hole in one of my favorite pairs of fishing shorts just need a decent sized patch to cover her up
    • I am not sure what happened either but we lost all of the posts last couple days not just this thread. And it looks like the same thing happened over on FM site as well. I know the site was down last night while I tried look at it.