• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish House Build

Bum

1 hour ago, slammer said:

How about bluetooth speakers?

The stereo I’m putting in is just Bluetooth and radio. Decided to put in under the dinette, easy to wire as the batteries will be back there. Looking back now I probably would have left that out and got a nice portable speaker. Oh well it’ll be nice to have in the end. FC16061A-0D86-4A02-BB1A-56ED7ABCAF96.thumb.jpeg.270d3ffde482c5f65f760bc2ca5be155.jpeg5F0D4D2C-93CA-4356-A13C-D73909447BBD.thumb.jpeg.d5a71aa12920423e12dd450563a16bb5.jpeg

I really liked how the counters over the wheels turned out. Still have another coat and then a clear coat. Doing the V counter also like this, window and door casings will be the same stain as well. Also got the satellite dish mounted today, the dish tailgator. 

F57E6D5E-C0C8-474E-AD5E-B1D9344F01E4.thumb.jpeg.02a21557a9b453dfc8651bc07def455e.jpeg

Starting to count the steps to when it’s done which is an awesome feeling!

Did you mount your tailgator on permanently?  I've been going back and forth on whether to permanently mount mine, or just put it out when I get set up and take it down when I leave.  I think it would work great permanently set up for ice fishing, but I'm nervous about when we go camping in the summer.  There will be more trees around to block the signal if I can't move it.

1 hour ago, Adam NWI said:

Did you mount your tailgator on permanently?  I've been going back and forth on whether to permanently mount mine, or just put it out when I get set up and take it down when I leave.  I think it would work great permanently set up for ice fishing, but I'm nervous about when we go camping in the summer.  There will be more trees around to block the signal if I can't move it.

I did buy the mounting brackets for putting it on the roof and those are mounted on permanently. It’s just 3 nuts to take off to remove it from the brackets so it’ll be easy to take off. Still not positive if I’ll leave it on when I leave the house on the lake or remove it every time, mainly worried about someone stealing it. Although a friend of mine leaves his on permanently and hasn’t had a problem yet so I suppose we’ll see.

1 hour ago, Bum said:

I did buy the mounting brackets for putting it on the roof and those are mounted on permanently. It’s just 3 nuts to take off to remove it from the brackets so it’ll be easy to take off. Still not positive if I’ll leave it on when I leave the house on the lake or remove it every time, mainly worried about someone stealing it. Although a friend of mine leaves his on permanently and hasn’t had a problem yet so I suppose we’ll see.

I didn't realize you could remove it from the bracket.  Right now I've got the tailgator sitting on one of my bunks until I set it up each time out, which is kind of a pain.  I'll have to order one of those brackets.  Thanks for the heads up!

3 hours ago, Adam NWI said:

I didn't realize you could remove it from the bracket.  Right now I've got the tailgator sitting on one of my bunks until I set it up each time out, which is kind of a pain.  I'll have to order one of those brackets.  Thanks for the heads up!

We do the exact same with ours... too bunk, throw it on the roof when you get there.

On 11/27/2017 at 8:49 AM, Bum said:

Leech, I hear you! I actually got the dinette cushions on hsolist for what I thought was a reasonable price, I’m really excited about them too! 

C4F31F3E-CAC3-4403-82BF-E3BB4AE86C24.thumb.jpeg.94842929fb1efea8b294eb2fddcbdd8d.jpeg1C12C724-A9C3-4DFE-933A-D1BF89D9A8C2.thumb.jpeg.f9ce81c12304468cbece1c4afc6ec93a.jpeg

trailer lights put on and new wheels

B8362CCA-BCD5-41E3-B8BF-A2F3AEA2671A.thumb.jpeg.61b8d75301d9b235ffb7c66f5fd4d1e8.jpeg6CD4125A-B4E4-42A7-8D88-A70ECD7763B7.thumb.jpeg.9e4984a3f7701b736ce9c4697128c07e.jpeg

my dad used to install floor covering in his younger days so he was a huge help with this part. 

Have the next few days off of work so should be able to get a decent amount done this week!

Bum,

nice looking house 

how did you fasten down the rubber floor? Adhesive, staples? Is it ripple free?

thanks

Cooperman,

i did use adhesive but don’t think I got it warm enough to properly set up. It help in some areas but some not at all. I’ll probably just put in a few staples in areas where it’s not held down and on the seams to be sure. 

16 hours ago, Bum said:

Berke, yes it is paneling and available at the save big money store. They have a bunch of different options.

Getting close to be doing, a bunch of trim work left mainly. Here’s a couple pics.

5EC114D2-B356-4E14-9524-9697085042BC.thumb.jpeg.8e3787010b614a834ece7d1bffe8d443.jpeg

I'm not sure how good your buddies and family are at darts once they have a few pops?  But you may want to move the dart board to save your flat screen!  Just say'en!. ;)

Leech, one step ahead of you. Made sure to get a TV mount that swivels away, it can move about a foot and a half to the sides and actually can turn it all the way so the screen isn’t facing the back. I know without a doubt that TV would be broken by the end of the year if I didn’t get that mount! 

Got a good portion of what’s left done today, just a few minor things left and it’s ready for the maiden voyage!

BD8EFD23-5EAC-48C8-B6FD-A9D668DB9537.thumb.jpeg.d2ef4830b376f2f040fa912779fcb618.jpeg6121BC68-DFD7-487F-A4D5-39286F0A1E36.thumb.jpeg.30052c32258f7c87c62e1b488b837122.jpeg