• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roast beef

Mike89

9 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Him and a whole lot of others. I got thick skin so don't take to much here real serious.

We wanted our freedom to post so we went to where it was accepted.  

Basically there are different ways to cook a "roast".   It can be cooked at various temperatures in an oven, a smoker, or a sous vide, or it can be braised in a crock pot or a dutch oven.    If the cut has a lot of collagen and is therefore tough it is tricky to cook it so it stays pink yet will be tender.    

Braising  or 'pot roasting" will make it tender but it will be cooked well done.   It is quite a different thing than "roast beef", although I like it a lot.

Ya, this sure went south from a lot of those who always quacked about threads going south. Follow that analogy.

Gotta disagree with ya on the braising bit though, Del. It won't always be "well done" by the time it's tender. I atill like to follow the pork rule of "low and slow" for most meats.  But, a roast is always good unless ya totally fudge it up. Now ya got me wanting to make one...think I'll go dig around in the freezer, know I've got one buried in there somewhere, just waiting to be melded with aromatics and tasty sauces...:P 

"Beef, it's what's for dinner!"

5 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Well said del. Well mike since your roast thread got cut up so did the roast. Waiting for the coals but here is the bacon wrapped beauty's waiting for the cast iron..

20171119_171311_resized.jpg

Awe GAWD, your ruining it with the bacon!!:P:grin:

18 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Well said del. Well mike since your roast thread got cut up so did the roast. Waiting for the coals but here is the bacon wrapped beauty's waiting for the cast iron..

20171119_171311_resized.jpg

Cripe-o-rama!  Now THERE's some real beef cookery!!!  And just ignore dat  babbling little smurf, boober! :D

On 11/16/2017 at 11:02 AM, Mike89 said:

Hey all, I need a good recipe a good moist beef roast, I use chuck, bottom round and other cuts so a good all around recipe would be great!!! 

thanks....

CRIPES MIKE..................look at the bafoonery ya started!!!!!!!!!!!