• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Extended run generator setup

Nordern

Got all the parts to hook up my Honda 2000 to an external tank.  Is there any special process requires to get things going in terms of do I need to have the genset full, how do you stop the genset w/o spilling fuel, etc.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I always start with a full tank on my internal tank on my Honda 2000.  Connect the fuel cap with line to external tank, making sure the vent on the external tank is open.  Start the unit like normal.  Stop the unit like normal by turning fuel supply to "off". 

Don't worry. They work just as if it wasn't even on there. What's a Genset? Honda's  work on suction, not pressure. Just have as few connections as possible as air leaks are your enemy. Just a gas line, use gas line not clear tube, from external tank to generator to avoid problems. Clear tubing gets very hard and loses it's flexibility. Your Honda fuel pump will fill your generator but I usually start out close to full on the Honda. People overthink these, it's super simple.