• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Boonie5

Camp Ripley ?

Not much talk about Camp anymore, anyone go first weekend? I will be headed in this weekend and curious on how things are looking in there compared to last couple of years. 

I read on another forum that 41 deer were shot as of mid-day the second day.   Didn't sound like any really big bucks were taken.  

I think 2nd season will have decent results.  This colder snowy weather should help.  It'll be messy but should help!

Rough estimate on the rough numbers I've seen is 6.3% success minimum for the 1st season.  Anyfish2 reported the long term rate has been about 8%.  

I hunted 1st season last year and recall the kill was lower with a higher number of hunters.  And now just thinking of it, I didn't look deep enough in Outdoor News this week to see if they mentioned the first hunt.  Guess I'll have to check.

Sitting in line to get in right now.  You wouldn't think people were "down" on this hunt judging by this line!