• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you use for portable chairs?

jbird68

Just wondering what people use for portable chairs. Bucket, fold up, tripod, etc. Been looking at some nice fold up chairs with a padded swivel seat. But they are 11 pounds each. I want to stay as light as possible. I also have a tripod chair but don't really like a post riding up my crotch. 

1 hour ago, Moon Lake Refuge said:

I use a regular folding camping chair.... Probably dont walk as far as some but a lot of sitting with ice fishing so that was one thing I wanted to be comfortable.  It all goes on the sled anyhow so don't notice it to much.

Same here. Picked up this folding high back on fall clearance for around $15 some years back. Weighs around 5 lbs, I'd guess.  Clamped a rod holder right onto the tube arm.

58103_0000.jpg?notfound=notavailable

My Wheel House is a very open floor plan. You need a chair. I have 3 options, metal Timber Ridge from Costco (one set up, one folded in corner) fold up nylon (couple hanging on hooks) and the bucket. I have the Eskimo Hub I use on walking ice with my 4X4 Smitty Sled. I use the Timber Ridge folding chairs.

20171024_123011.thumb.jpg.8deb16e998cb9c3805e110f7e8b7a6a4.jpg

The last two chairs seem like they'd work out pretty well.

I'm one that moves around too much.  I bring a typical fold up camp chair out but rarely use it.  If I'm not in the wheel house I'm usually just kneeling.  It's getting harder to spend the days that way though!

I did pick up a Dream Chair awhile back I should start using.  Maybe figure how to just keep that baby in a sled for hole hopping. :)

2 hours ago, jbird68 said:

Thanks for the ideas, guys. I also tried the fold up camping chairs but I seem to sink down into them. Those other chairs look like they would be more firm to sit on.  

Exactly. That's why I can't use the camp chairs and went with the high-back one...three spinal surgeries fudge things up. Made a huge difference in being comfy for me. 

When I travel light....I use this chair from Cabelas.  No back support but I typically walk, pulling my gear.  Compact and light is how I have to keep my gear.  Plus, moving around a lot, this is quick, light, and easy.image.thumb.png.8c6d8625d850332521a53ec1f13a8241.png