• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

btupy

2017 Fish House rv Build

I have been building a fish house and have decided to share it on here sense so many of you (Especially Lip_Ripper) have helped me out so much. I used basically all of the same building techniques Lip_Ripper and a few other guys on this site have used. Stole a few ideas from some of you but hopefully no one gets too worked up over that. I have everything except the bathroom, plumbing, lift bed, and awning done. It is 100% a fish house right now, ready for ice and I can't wait to get it out!

Frame- 8X21' +4' V Valley Manufacturing galvanized hydraulic

Walls/roof- 1x2" rectangular tubing

Siding- Flat black aluminum held on with 3M adhesive tape

Roof- 3/8" plywood covered with rubber membrane

Floor- 3/4" marine grade plywood

Insulation- Closed cell spray foam

IMG_0985.jpg.90159b4e4fc165e3fa2a928c49a3b8ed.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg.29c0fd56dc80dd38ebfe00a28be6297e.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg.95ce775e41185c086e86f79e0a4d7e8a.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

One piece aluminum wheel wells. 

IMG_1112.jpg.b8e0a9a3ce079b4dd7017ead0a1cf68f.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg.19292450d88923e6108718453e32c824.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg.b0c71408e61c707065379dc21cf4a623.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg.9555ef86899dd104900bc483ad8351de.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg.6ca789ac0bc5abd1690aa1a4d7174b64.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg.10ac0fb3ded153a2bb6e68e307c94f24.jpg

1/4" cedar tongue and groove. At this point I was still undecided if I was going to stain it or not and sense I did end up staining it I should have just used pine. Looking back on it now it could have saved me a few bucks.

IMG_1386.jpg.45f48223ff996d0f30edaaa25dd52328.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg.c3114566a907a6673c0f5ff5732acd85.jpg

The start of staining. I used Sherwin-Williams Pecan.

IMG_1411.jpg.5f41a77aaa707eb9c64220a116f8cacb.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg.48b0dade36a7dfc8a3ddf53cd301254b.jpg

Edited by btupy

And finally some finished pictures.

IMG_1553.jpg.f0a4f3b9923a9dbbd315df651f7dde24.jpgIMG_1554.jpg.3c8fc70f323df015cd274ec40eb593f5.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg.bdeca150b0badc9e7bc078f7bb4a0bc4.jpgIMG_1555.jpg.b5d89fff11090685bc1745d540f9c15a.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg.8dd015e009a769c1c67a8f5db0290995.jpgIMG_1543.jpg.b504e67c2ac3d1676cc86d36431375d8.jpg

Rod holders in the back rests of the rear dinette.

IMG_1545.jpg.37fccc32a1e29e3cd0da246697e97073.jpg

UV lights in bench for charging glow in the dark jigs.

IMG_1544.jpg.9002fa5008e10d93228db5684e3212ce.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg.70872eceb24378d8bd2964c909e7bc7a.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg.9728d91286619ca581a81c44a4d31582.jpg

Switches next to the radio control the outdoor speakers and the other controls the exterior strobe lights. I have a strobe controller wired into the trailer lights.

IMG_1561.jpg.448ac2982809ce954597b2a5b7a08a24.jpg

I did LED strip lights instead of the traditional individual hole lights.

IMG_1559.jpg.8f77059079b1c57b6d7be7b9b7251370.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg.3ce9b81a7eba5c00b09c65dce828d474.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg.c535b5ace6e04d535c7da175321dfc2f.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg.f8d4f5eb6e7a2327d4d4c9ce0c906025.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

Edited by btupy

I know some of you are going to "Boo" me on this but I have to ask. Why do some ice fisher people think they have to have outdoor speakers and strobe lights ?  Not only does all the noise and flashing spook the fish but you Pee off a lot of your neighbors ! Last year on Lake of the Woods a guy set up 200 yards from us and was blasting his "Rap dump" all day and night. And his blue strobe was flashing as bright in my house as it was in everyone else's for 1/4 mile in all directions. COME ON PEOPLE, Have a little "RESPECT" for others.               Besides, The sound of the Ice Talking and the Northern Lights are much more relaxing. So please , If you see a Grumpy Old Man and his wife and a friendly Black Lab in a Red Chevy and a red wheel house and all you're there for is to be obnoxious and party hardy, stay AWAY . Please !!!!!

By the way, Your house looks beautiful. I wish I had your talents

Edited by Sea Hage
spelling

5 minutes ago, Sea Hage said:

I know some of you are going to "Boo" me on this but I have to ask. Why do some ice fisher people think they have to have outdoor speakers and strobe lights ?  Not only does all the noise and flashing spook the fish but you Pee off a lot of your neighbors ! Last year on Lake of the Woods a guy set up 200 yards from us and was blasting his "Rap dump" all day and night. And his blue strobe was flashing as bright in my house as it was in everyone else's for 1/4 mile in all directions. COME ON PEOPLE, Have a little "RESPECT" for others.               Besides, The sound of the Ice Talking and the Northern Lights are much more relaxing. So please , If you see a Grumpy Old Man and his wife and a friendly Black Lab in a Red Chevy and a red wheel house and all you're there for is to be obnoxious and party hardy, stay AWAY . Please !!!!!

Outside speakers dont need to be loud to enjoy them and most dont.  Nice to have music when tending tipups on a slow mid day bite.  And great when camping.  As to the strobe, its becoming a safety concern.  There are more and more idiots driving 40+mph and snowmobiles doing 60+ and crashing on the ice.  I went with just being able to flip on our 10 marker lights but I don't mind anyone wanting to be seen.  We have blackout curtains and a strobe on top of a house will do nothing to hurt the bite.

I really like the interior. Planning on doing something similar with the barn tin in mine. Did you just pick some up off hsolist?

Edited by HUJU

32 minutes ago, HUJU said:

I really like the interior. Planning on doing something similar with the barn tin in mine. Did you just pick some up off hsolist?

If your interested in some actual old barn tin I can give you a contact. Just shoot me a PM. he's located in Hudson, WI

3 hours ago, Sea Hage said:

We are going to be using this fish house as camper as well so that is why I put outdoor speakers in. I don't see myself using them on the lake. I only turn the strobes on when someone is coming out to the house or when we go to shore/bar so it is easier to find when we come back.

2 hours ago, HUJU said:

It is corrugated steel my Dad got from tearing down an old shed. Sounds like VTX has some if you're interested or there is a lot of people on hsolist selling it. 

Looks very nice, I like the tin and the leds, nice touch.  Can I ask where you bought the lid supports/stays?  I need some for the house I built last year.  I need my wheel well lids to go 90 degrees.

15 hours ago, aczr2k said:

Looks very nice, I like the tin and the leds, nice touch.  Can I ask where you bought the lid supports/stays?  I need some for the house I built last year.  I need my wheel well lids to go 90 degrees.

hsolist. Lip_Ripper has a link for them in his 2017 fish house build thread.

3 hours ago, Papa Bear said:

Excellent job! Where did you get your bait/livewell from?

Thanks! I bought it from Ice Castle. Have you put finished pictures of your build in your thread?

Do you have a link or direction to the strobe and the UV lights?  I saw LRG had them too but I couldn’t find em.