• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2017 Pheasants

Been years since I’ve hunted pheasants, but I’m thinking of jumping back in this year. I’ve seen a few while out deer hunting in Dakota County so think I might be able to find one or two. No dog, so I’ll be playing both roles. 

How is everyone’s season starting? 

where are all the pheasant reports this year? SW Mn was supposed to have some great numbers this year. I know those October rains dropped a lot of moisture in that area and pushed back harvest. But crops should be out now. I am just curious to see if the actual numbers lived up to the counts?

Here in SD we were supposed to be down but I dont see any worse than previous years. In fact if I were to guess I would say they are up a bit based on my findings. 

Five of us had fifteen on Saturday in five hours of hunting. I would agree with bobberineyes that there does seem to be pockets of birds. The numbers are definitely not more than last year around here but about the same I would say. I have talked to a few farmers though that said they saw less while combining corn than last year. Should be able to get into the cattails pretty soon and that's always a good time.