• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vacation for the rut

Cooter

Planned mine for first week of November, gonna look up the moon based predictions to see if there might be some days in there to hunt morning vs midday.  What are you guys planning for?  Guess i should say im talking bowhunting here in wi, is the mn gun opener a week before here?

I'm not sure when I'll dig in and spend some time in the stand for several days, but it'll be sometime between Nov. 5th and 25th.  I'm hoping to hunt for at least five straight days in that window.  

Think the only things i will do are to monitor the weather, had some hot temps last year, and play the moon peaks as far as when to hunt early vs midday vs late.  Sounds like there are reports of movement correlating with moon overhead and underfoot, as with fishing.

I've chosen to spend the vacation at rifle camp this year instead of bowhunting.  I have been staying at the rifle camp when everybody is there, but its not a lot of time getting up and driving 45 minutes 1 way to the bow stand and not getting back until later in the evening.  Just something about that time at rifle camp that is special.  

3 years of successful bowhunting also helps to go to rifle camp and relax a bit.....