• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod Builders - Wrap Designer Software

Chris-Stanton

Hello All,

My name is Chris Stanton and I have been building fishing rods for a number of years now. In fact, rod making is not my full-time job but I do wrap rods for one of the 3 major custom rod companies in the Minnesota metro area. My demand is by far in ice rods and an issue I have with some of my customers, and probable every other rod builder has, is explaining thread color combinations and trying to explain what the rod is going to look like finished. I am a software developer by day and have started writing an app to help solve this issue. The app, Wrap Designer, contains real parts and supplies from manufactures like: ProWrap, Sulky, Winn, Fuji, DH Custom Rods and Tackle, MHX, St. Croix, RodGeeks, CTS and a few others. It allows the User to configure their ice rod, how they want it, by using real components and many options.

I did post this same message in a more local, Mid-West, fishing forum and received a lot of great feedback.  The issue is that the feedback I received did not come from any rod builders.  Some of the feedback I received was to incorporate a weave/tiger wrap simulator into, Wrap Designer.  Note, I have been working on a weave and tiger wrap simulator app for a period of time now and its not ready yet, but its coming.  I have not decided if those will be a paid or free app but Wrap Designer will stay free!

Also, this app is currently in its early stages and is only built out for desktop use right now and is mainly directed towards the ice rod builders out their. Since I'm from Minnesota, where ice fishing is more popular and arguable more fun than summer long rod fishing! Mobile frame work will be coming soon! Ill attach the link below and any comments, suggestions or  negative feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Link: https://wrapdesigner.herokuapp.com/

IMG_3697.PNG

IMG_3698.PNG

IMG_3699.PNG

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.33.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 9.17.45 AM.png