• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HUJU

19 hours ago, Hawg said:

I've never been a fan of holes in the roof for any reason, they always seems like a potential leak spot to me. Once a house gets any kind of roof leak they seem to deteriorate fast. Here's another slick gadget for drying gloves and stuff.

IMG_0606.JPG

I'm thinking the same thing for holes in the roof. No opportunities for leaks with a one piece rubber membrane. I like the gloves dryer. What are you running for rattle reels? I've been looking at a few options..

Just thought i'd update everyone on the status. I keep forgetting to take pictures! I have most of the interior done at this point. Am in the process of building the benches, beds and cabinets. Opted for no bathroom after a lot of thought. I may add one in the future but for now the portable will be the pissa when required. 

The lighting is coming together as well see the video below for a quick view. I'll try to update with more pictures this weekend of the counter tops and benches. It's fishable at this point and with the cold weather coming next week hopefully we will be fishing soon!

GEXF3508.mp4

I see that you had a couple barley pops to admire your work. Been there... good for you!  Although you may want to get the flooring done if you are going to start cleaning your guns in there. Lol! I see that you also did a bit of purchasing from amazon. When I built mine there was rarely a day the big brown truck didn’t pull into the drive way. Are you planning on putting in any hole lights?

Haha yea the ice wasn't any good around us last weekend so we hit the woods to find some grouse and had to clean the guns up and have a few beers to admire all the hard work. I have a pile of boxes from amazon too haha Eventually i'll add them in but with Ice season a week or two away I want to get the bunks and flooring finished. Then all the extras can be installed on the ice when its slow or after a few more barley pops lol 

On 12/25/2017 at 3:00 PM, Twin bunks said:

Nice build.  Good inspiration thanks for the posts. 

Was the gove dryer your heater vs forced air furnace?  I'm in design phase and concerned about battery draw of the forced air.

Mine is forced air 16,000 BTU's. It draws 2.5 amps and has a pretty significant battery life running on my 2 Resolute 100 AH battery's. Had it out this last week and at -30 the heater ran pretty consistently all night on the battery. I did the math at one point and I think i figured I would have around 30 hours of run time. There are a ton of factors that play into battery life so at best that is a VERY rough estimate.

Had her out on the maiden voyage this last week. Spent 5 days out on Leech it was a great trip! With the temps dipping to -30 the insulation was put to the test and worked really well. I'm going to be out again this weekend in Walker Bay. If you see me stop by for a beer!

IMG_0409.thumb.JPG.42e1c76ec38f3daf9a3cfbce7f48197f.JPG

Edited by HUJU

9 minutes ago, vtx1029 said:

Nice! How much ice did Leech have? I was up on Red this past weekend and there was 20-22". bite was pretty slow

We had 18" by trappers landing. I think they're saying they have 20-22" now. I heard it's been slow for everyone, hopefully it picks back up!

What is everyone's thoughts on generator brand to run? I had a buddies 2000W Honda last week and it worked awesome. I run an on-board charger, Coffee maker and TV at most off the 120V.  Has anyone tried doing a wind turbine or anything not fueled buy gas?

5 hours ago, HUJU said:

What is everyone's thoughts on generator brand to run? I had a buddies 2000W Honda last week and it worked awesome. I run an on-board charger, Coffee maker and TV at most off the 120V.  Has anyone tried doing a wind turbine or anything not fueled buy gas?

....big bag of worms about ready to be opened

6 hours ago, HUJU said:

My uncle runs a yamaha 2000, I have a champion 2000' and my cousin has a Honda 2000. I had a Honda for a small stretch this summer that I picked up for $400.

The only difference I can tell is both the Yamaha and champion need to be gravity fed with an extended run tank. The Honda has a fuel pump so it will suck up fuel....

from testing that we did they all handled the same load pretty much.  The one difference was with the Honda having a little bigger motor it took about 30sec longer for the overload to kick off the Honda generator.

I bought a champion 2000 new and ran it for a year, then picked up a good used Honda I fixed up.....tested them both to see if I should sell the champion or the Honda.....both worked extremely well. So I sold the Honda for $650......only had $400 into it lol.....kept the champion that I bought new off amazon for $425 shipped. 

I went with the champion when I got my wheel house, because I had to make this decision......... I could get the champion 2000 generator and a Direct TV tailgate dish for about $1000......or I could get a Honda 2000 for about $1000......hmm.....lets see a Ginny & cable tv or just a Ginny....was pretty simple choice.

I've ran the Champion at upper Red the past two years in sub zero temps and used an extended run tank with it.....Ran for days no problems in sub zero temps.....started easy...was quite....Also have done a number of trips to NE SD no problems yet.

I run tv, direct tv, a minni fridge, and sometimes coffee pot & a hot dog roller. 

To me the Generator debate between yamaha, Honda, champion is like vex, marcum, Humminbird or ford Chevy dodge.

We have the Honda and runs great.  Also have a wen... it’s quieter on eco but louder off eco. A turbine can be bought for 400 with a pole and everything.  Difference is nobody puts a 1000 watt turbine on a camper.  It’s for topping the battery not running appliances so you won’t run a microwave but will probably make a week on 12v no problem.

14 hours ago, birdswacker said:

Nice looking rig HUJU!!

I'm considering a remodel for my shack. I've got a couple questions. What brand is your furnace? Vented? What did you use for the perimeter ceiling lighting? How did you install it?

Thanks! Atwood 7916 vented. Perimeter lighting is the LED light strips off Amazon the link is below. To install it i routed a groove in the trim around the ceiling and just stuck the lighting in there using the adhesive backing. You will need to add some sort of fastener every 3 feet or so. The adhesive doesn't stick too well over the longer distances. 

https://www.amazon.com/Water-resistance-Waterproof-Flexible-Cuttable-Lighting/dp/B01HRKVG7Q/ref=sr_1_17?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1515005094&sr=1-17&keywords=led+strip+lights

Hey everyone had some major upgrades since my last post thought I’d throw it up here for yoUr entertainment. 

Solar panels: 2 renogy 100w, with 2 golf cart batteries. Haven't run out of power yet But I don't use anything other than lights and heater most of the time 

829E8127-35DC-41AB-8BC8-AF1FD12E003E.jpeg

C597CB6C-E0DA-4418-A0A1-9F750E3B0EF3.jpeg

FD3CFCAB-7891-4C5B-BB1B-7EC65C94A122.jpeg

B1A41CB3-65CA-48BE-B683-E663EE4B594A.jpeg

2F8D77C7-3C94-47A4-B672-6D00AF288902.jpeg

One more tip/suggestion. These stretchy bungee cords for a door spring stop that annoying rattling and slapping noise the spring things make for a door holder. The window I put in are readily available and handy to see in that direction or who's at the door. Very easy to cut in with a Stanley knife too. Beautiful house, be very proud! I'm still curious to know what the gadget is above your fire extinguisher.  

Door Bungee.JPG

Magnetic Strip.JPG