• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

minky

Honey burn

I am doing my first honey burn Thursday night, any advice. I checked my bait today and the the bear is back.

Edited by minky

18 minutes ago, minky said:

I am doing my first honey burn Thursday night, any advice. I checked my bait today and the the bear is back.

Yes, if he's coming back on his own don't screw with adding something new he's not use too.  :2c:

This is my first time hunting bear. Have two coming to the bait, both after dark, and the small one shows up at odd times in the early A.M.

I was thinking a honey burn might tempt one or the other to come in during shooting time. The big guy comes in after the little one at night, but he hangs around for an hour. The smaller one comes back multiple time during the night. I have tried to come in before shooting time, but I have bumped him twice now.

11 hours ago, Rockin Randy said:

This is my first time hunting bear. Have two coming to the bait, both after dark, and the small one shows up at odd times in the early A.M.

I was thinking a honey burn might tempt one or the other to come in during shooting time. The big guy comes in after the little one at night, but he hangs around for an hour. The smaller one comes back multiple time during the night. I have tried to come in before shooting time, but I have bumped him twice now.

After a while we only started hunting evening because we never had any come in the AM. We also started making a bit of noise when baiting (rattling cans) when we had two Bears working. They started coming in right after we baited so the bait, after noon and stay behind hunter seemed to work pretty well.

4 hours ago, leech~~ said:

After a while we only started hunting evening because we never had any come in the AM. We also started making a bit of noise when baiting (rattling cans) when we had two Bears working. They started coming in right after we baited so the bait, after noon and stay behind hunter seemed to work pretty well.

My buddy does the same always revs the four wheeler up before he leaves.

On his sits he would have someone else drive him in bait while he gets in the stand they rev the four wheeler and take off.

Dinner bell come and get it

Maybe I should try something similar. I am hunting alone, but could probably get my neighbor to help. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rockin Randy

Tried all those tricks, now the bear is only coming in at night. Time to pull the plug and hit the Muskies hard.

Rockin Randy