• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gopher Nation

JBMasterAngler

Well, the P.J. Fleck era didn't start out with the bang most had hoped. Was definitely less than thrilling win. They looked rough around the edges on both sides of the ball. On offense, they just couldn't seem to turn it up that next gear. However, it sure was nice to see a QB that throws  a tight spiral and hits the receivers in the numbers! I give the edge to Croft, but it will be interesting to see what Fleck does next week. Hopefully the kicker got his head back after making that last field goal. Oregon State gave up 57 points last week, so we'll see if the gophers worked out all their kinks and look better against the beavers. 

When was the last time the Gophers actually handled, let alone blew away a team they should have? That was an impressive win against a team they obviously should have beaten. Last year they only beat them by 3 pts AT HOME! That was also with a significant number of seniors on the roster.

I admit PJ is a little hard to digest at times, but this hire could certainly be the shot in the arm that this program needed.

Not punching a ticket for the Rose Bowl yet, but he could bring these guys to the next level.

On 9/11/2017 at 8:19 AM, CaptainMusky said:

When was the last time the Gophers actually handled, let alone blew away a team they should have? That was an impressive win against a team they obviously should have beaten. Last year they only beat them by 3 pts AT HOME! That was also with a significant number of seniors on the roster.

I admit PJ is a little hard to digest at times, but this hire could certainly be the shot in the arm that this program needed.

Not punching a ticket for the Rose Bowl yet, but he could bring these guys to the next level.

If you have not seen the show, Being Pj Fleck its worth a watch.  Made me a believer in him.

22 hours ago, hoppe56307 said:

If you have not seen the show, Being Pj Fleck its worth a watch.  Made me a believer in him.

Yep, I saw the episodes. It certainly changed my view that it was an "act". That is how he always is, certainly not an act. I am hopeful he can bring this program to relevancy. I would be happy with BigTen titles and a shot at a top tier bowl game in a few years.

Some interesting developments yesterday with Croft. I wonder what went down there, but as of right now, not only was Rhoda named the starter, but Croft isn't even with the team. Hmm

23 hours ago, hoppe56307 said:

53 minutes ago, CaptainMusky said:

Yep, I saw the episodes. It certainly changed my view that it was an "act". That is how he always is, certainly not an act. I am hopeful he can bring this program to relevancy. I would be happy with BigTen titles and a shot at a top tier bowl game in a few years.

Some interesting developments yesterday with Croft. I wonder what went down there, but as of right now, not only was Rhoda named the starter, but Croft isn't even with the team. Hmm

Was it like this:

:D

Not even close.  He was actually getting in on the players drills and putting a lot of effort in to it, not just screaming.  There is one clip is of him doing a fumble recovery drill and trying so hard to strip the player of the ball he was lifting them off the ground.

As a middle age man PJ's shtick gets old real quick. The high school version of me would have thought he was pretty cool and probably a lot of fun to play for. Whether it's an act or his real personality, whenever he's in front of a camera his message isn't intended for me, it's aimed at recruits.

I'm still taking a wait-and-see approach, but I certainly hope he can take the program to a level we haven't been before.

23 hours ago, Getanet said:

As a middle age man PJ's shtick gets old real quick. The high school version of me would have thought he was pretty cool and probably a lot of fun to play for. Whether it's an act or his real personality, whenever he's in front of a camera his message isn't intended for me, it's aimed at recruits.

I'm still taking a wait-and-see approach, but I certainly hope he can take the program to a level we haven't been before.

Thankfully the run on middle-aged men playing College football is a infinitesimal sample size. I don't think you will have to worry about whether or not you would mesh with Fleck as your coach. :-)

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, hoppe56307 said:

Not even close.  He was actually getting in on the players drills and putting a lot of effort in to it, not just screaming.  There is one clip is of him doing a fumble recovery drill and trying so hard to strip the player of the ball he was lifting them off the ground.

I also liked when the player thought he could outrun PJ in a drill and PJ called him out on it. They did the drill, PJ lost and he said "best 2 of 3". Lost again! LOL This was a big one-just-like-silly-me lineman and PJ is pretty dang fast at his own right.

He also lined up as wide out on a play to show the player exactly how he wanted the reverse run. At full speed no less.

It may be corny, old, annoying for us old guys, but I think this will work for the kids.

Well, that was a tough one. Nice football weather though. I would have to imagine Croft is going to be the QB from now on. He looked to get better as the game progressed. He should be able to get all his stuff together against Illinois next week. The good news is, all the other mid tier teams in the big ten keep losing also.

I won't be hard on Fleck until he's been able to bring in a couple of his own recruiting classes but it just looks like more of the same old Gophers to me. I mean it's not like he is taking over for Jim Wacker or Brewster. He took over a team that was assembled for 6 years by what most Gophers fans believe was a very solid and almost genius coaching staff. He should at least be able to get mediocrity out of these players.

Get your dad gum chili hot....
Jeezo Beezo....
Row the Boat.....

All sound about the same to me.