• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

If you like big walleyes, the bite is on.  Spinners with crawlers and trolling crankbaits in 28-31 ft pulling numbers of fish and big fish. Deep mud (no man's land) and deep reefs producing.  The winning team for the David A. Andersen Warrior Boats tournament had almost 45 lbs for 5 fish, a 9 pound average!  Gold, glow and bright colors continue to be solid choices.  Pike active, perch and smallmouth bite in many areas of the lake. 

Anglers in the Rainy River finding some walleyes with morning/evening.  Trolling cranks or pulling spinners producing the best. Smallmouth bass in good numbers along shoreline bridge embankments and feeder streams. Sturgeon fishing is on fire with a first time group boating 20 sturgeon in two days.  Top three sturgeon were 53, 57 and 61 inches.

Up at the NW Angle, excellent fishing continues.  In Minnesota, the bite has been on fire with trolling.  Blue, chrome, clown or UV pink has worked great in 26-30’. White, orange or chrome spinners have been doing very well from Four Blocks to Garden Island.  Up in Canada, jigging walleyes early morning and late afternoon has been the best, with orange, gold and yellow being the most productive, as has pulling spinners in 20-28’ using orange along the reefs.  Muskies have been very active with any fish being seen after bucktails and hard baits. Our guests boated 49" and 51.5" muskies this past week!!!

Mike Olson, big walleye, Warrior Boat Tournament 2017.jpg

Border View Lodge_girl with pike charter boat.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Chops, brats, asparagus, onions and mushrooms in the foil and a little Malbec
    • Shrimp boil in foil packets on the pellet grill. Potatoes, corn, Andouille sausage, shrimp, lemon slices, butter and Cajun seasoning. I usually use some Old Bay in my shrimp boil but I was out and didn't know it until I started putting it all together.      
    • Hello from Sunset Lodge!

In Minnesota, walleyes and pike have been found using crank-baits on the south side of Oak Island.  Walleye have also been caught pulling spinners in 26-30 feet using gold and green.

In Ontario, walleye have been very active using pink and orange jigs on the breaks of reefs or casting shallow crank-baits in 8-12 feet by rocky shoreline points.  A good mixed bag of smallmouth and pike have been found with the walleye as well.

Musky fishing has really picked up with lots of fish over 40+ inches.  Fishing sand and weedy bays near rock reefs have produced well using buck-tails, small crank-baits and top-water baits. 

Until next week!
      Sunset Lodge
    • Looks like a great summer time meal! 
    • That was my wife taking a Snapchat vid of the kids, my daughter took that picture..  steak night is probably my favorite night, but taco night is a close second lol
    • At the all-star break and man did I blow it with the predictions lol.   Other than Rosario and Escobar not really much to get too excited about.   Nice home-stand before the break but its already been a big disappointing season. Of all the late 90''s  teams that were just awful and then the recent  90+ loss teams repeatedly over and over, this years team has to be the most frustrating of them all. Definitely a regression.   Buxton/Sano I dont want the team to give up on them but good grief. After some progress last year I think everyone was expected big things from both of them. I would say give up on them but players like these always go on to shine somewhere else when the Twins let them go.   Mauer has been ok, nothing great but good to see him back hitting again after his stint on the DL.   Morrison dug himself too big of hole to get out of with a terrible start at the plate. A few signs of power but not enough.   Dozier is losing millions with a bad first half. So much for him signing a big deal somewhere else and the Twins getting something for him if he is traded.   The new pitchers Odorizzi and Lynn haven't been great. Gibson has been better than expected but too bad he cant get any run support he has pitched well all year. I like Berrios, good young pitcher still making improvement. Its too bad Santana hasn't been able to get back up and contribute yet.   I hope they don't make any foolish decisions and trade and try to make a run. They don't have a chance at the wild card and even though Cleveland isn't completely dominating I don't see the Twins overtaking them in the division.
    • I like that you caught someone else taking photos of the feast too!
    • That's an impressive pile o meat smallie!! Wow did I start a ruckus with a misspelled word, I'll be more kareful next time!!😉
    • Looks like kind of an expensive grill though.........😱