• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Nightrain83

Performance Engineering fish houses

Just wondering if anybody could give me a review on these houses?  Also did you receive your house in the amount of time you were told?

All of his look to have powder coated frames.  Guess it depends on how long you want it but if your looking for long term I would lean more towards a galvanized frame.  May be an option he has but I didn't see it listed.

I had made for me, Tom is very good to work with.   I had several issues and had to bring the house back (twice now) but there was never any hassle from him.   If you plan on using it for summer camping and don't want a roof top AC unit - make sure you get one side window that will fit a small window AC unit. (wish I would have.........)  His lead times are usually long out so don't expect to order one now and get it by this winter.

On 8/6/2017 at 7:21 AM, kudu63 said:

I had made for me, Tom is very good to work with.   I had several issues and had to bring the house back (twice now) but there was never any hassle from him.   If you plan on using it for summer camping and don't want a roof top AC unit - make sure you get one side window that will fit a small window AC unit. (wish I would have.........)  His lead times are usually long out so don't expect to order one now and get it by this winter.

One thing you may want to look at is the portable AC units.  I picked up a Whynter 14,000 BTU (ARC 14-S) off the recommendation of someone on this site for $335.  The plastic plate that mounts in the window for the vent hoses needs to be about 6"x24", so should work with some of the smaller windows.  You could probably configure it with your own custom plate to work with about any size.  

My house is roughly 1,344 cubic feet (8'w x 8't x 21' l) and it works pretty well, but I wouldn't use it in anything bigger.  One nice thing about the portable unit is that it works with the 2,000 watt generators (I take mine off eco mode), and many of the roof mounts won't.  

We got a little smaller portable in ours from wally world and it works great.  Going to cut out a circle to vent it out one of the holes in the floor up in the bathroom so its out of the way.

Thanks for the pointers guys.   I ordered one a couple weeks ago.  It will be galvanized frame and rooftop a.c..  Tom told me it would be done before first ice, kudu are you saying it will be longer?   I hope not.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, Nightrain83 said:

Thanks for the pointers guys.   I ordered one a couple weeks ago.  It will be galvanized frame and rooftop a.c..  Tom told me it would be done before first ice, kudu are you saying it will be longer?   I hope not.

Let us know by first ice - just saying.  But he is great to work with so don't get me wrong.

Edited by kudu63

(320) 864-5389

I played phone tag with him for awhile, ultimately I was able to reach him at this number. Are you waiting for a shack or looking to purchase one? 

Terrible service and terrible business model. Here's the story:

We ordered a custom wheelhouse from Tom after reading great reviews. He claimed 3-4 months to build our ice house at time of purchase/deposit. 10 months later, after he indicated '2 more weeks' for two months, we received our money back.

During our last conversation about receiving our money back, he indicated he would give us a call when the house was finished, if we hadn’t purchased anything we could buy the finished house from him. We searched for a little over a month and hadn't found what we were looking for. At this time I email Tom to confirm he intends on reaching out when the house is complete. Remember... it's been ‘almost finished’ for months now. He says ‘I thought you had something picked out.’ I reiterated our last conversation, he responds with ‘Its not finished, Maybe it would be best to look for something else.’ This 100% confirmed my suspicion that the house hadn’t even been started.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone do business with Tom or Performance Engineering.

MNWildhunter.  Welcome to HSO.  Sorry your first post was about a bad product experience, but thanks for sharing the Buyer beware.

Please hang around and post some fishing reports or other outdoor activities that may be going better for you.  🙂

Edited by leech~~

16 hours ago, MNWildhunter said:

Terrible service and terrible business model. Here's the story:

We ordered a custom wheelhouse from Tom after reading great reviews. He claimed 3-4 months to build our ice house at time of purchase/deposit. 10 months later, after he indicated '2 more weeks' for two months, we received our money back.

During our last conversation about receiving our money back, he indicated he would give us a call when the house was finished, if we hadn’t purchased anything we could buy the finished house from him. We searched for a little over a month and hadn't found what we were looking for. At this time I email Tom to confirm he intends on reaching out when the house is complete. Remember... it's been ‘almost finished’ for months now. He says ‘I thought you had something picked out.’ I reiterated our last conversation, he responds with ‘Its not finished, Maybe it would be best to look for something else.’ This 100% confirmed my suspicion that the house hadn’t even been started.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone do business with Tom or Performance Engineering.

MNWildhunter,  I sent you a PM.   I had similar issues with him and will never do business with him again.   No I had many many issues and will never do business with him again.   Buyers - please be aware.....