Jump to content
  • GUESTS

    If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Nightrain83

Performance Engineering fish houses

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if anybody could give me a review on these houses?  Also did you receive your house in the amount of time you were told?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of his look to have powder coated frames.  Guess it depends on how long you want it but if your looking for long term I would lean more towards a galvanized frame.  May be an option he has but I didn't see it listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had made for me, Tom is very good to work with.   I had several issues and had to bring the house back (twice now) but there was never any hassle from him.   If you plan on using it for summer camping and don't want a roof top AC unit - make sure you get one side window that will fit a small window AC unit. (wish I would have.........)  His lead times are usually long out so don't expect to order one now and get it by this winter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2017 at 7:21 AM, kudu63 said:

I had made for me, Tom is very good to work with.   I had several issues and had to bring the house back (twice now) but there was never any hassle from him.   If you plan on using it for summer camping and don't want a roof top AC unit - make sure you get one side window that will fit a small window AC unit. (wish I would have.........)  His lead times are usually long out so don't expect to order one now and get it by this winter.

 

One thing you may want to look at is the portable AC units.  I picked up a Whynter 14,000 BTU (ARC 14-S) off the recommendation of someone on this site for $335.  The plastic plate that mounts in the window for the vent hoses needs to be about 6"x24", so should work with some of the smaller windows.  You could probably configure it with your own custom plate to work with about any size.  

 

My house is roughly 1,344 cubic feet (8'w x 8't x 21' l) and it works pretty well, but I wouldn't use it in anything bigger.  One nice thing about the portable unit is that it works with the 2,000 watt generators (I take mine off eco mode), and many of the roof mounts won't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got a little smaller portable in ours from wally world and it works great.  Going to cut out a circle to vent it out one of the holes in the floor up in the bathroom so its out of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the pointers guys.   I ordered one a couple weeks ago.  It will be galvanized frame and rooftop a.c..  Tom told me it would be done before first ice, kudu are you saying it will be longer?   I hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, Nightrain83 said:

Thanks for the pointers guys.   I ordered one a couple weeks ago.  It will be galvanized frame and rooftop a.c..  Tom told me it would be done before first ice, kudu are you saying it will be longer?   I hope not.

Let us know by first ice - just saying.  But he is great to work with so don't get me wrong.

Edited by kudu63

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(320) 864-5389

 

I played phone tag with him for awhile, ultimately I was able to reach him at this number. Are you waiting for a shack or looking to purchase one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible service and terrible business model. Here's the story:

We ordered a custom wheelhouse from Tom after reading great reviews. He claimed 3-4 months to build our ice house at time of purchase/deposit. 10 months later, after he indicated '2 more weeks' for two months, we received our money back.

During our last conversation about receiving our money back, he indicated he would give us a call when the house was finished, if we hadn’t purchased anything we could buy the finished house from him. We searched for a little over a month and hadn't found what we were looking for. At this time I email Tom to confirm he intends on reaching out when the house is complete. Remember... it's been ‘almost finished’ for months now. He says ‘I thought you had something picked out.’ I reiterated our last conversation, he responds with ‘Its not finished, Maybe it would be best to look for something else.’ This 100% confirmed my suspicion that the house hadn’t even been started.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone do business with Tom or Performance Engineering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MNWildhunter.  Welcome to HSO.  Sorry your first post was about a bad product experience, but thanks for sharing the Buyer beware.

 

Please hang around and post some fishing reports or other outdoor activities that may be going better for you.  🙂

Edited by leech~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MNWildhunter said:

Terrible service and terrible business model. Here's the story:

We ordered a custom wheelhouse from Tom after reading great reviews. He claimed 3-4 months to build our ice house at time of purchase/deposit. 10 months later, after he indicated '2 more weeks' for two months, we received our money back.

During our last conversation about receiving our money back, he indicated he would give us a call when the house was finished, if we hadn’t purchased anything we could buy the finished house from him. We searched for a little over a month and hadn't found what we were looking for. At this time I email Tom to confirm he intends on reaching out when the house is complete. Remember... it's been ‘almost finished’ for months now. He says ‘I thought you had something picked out.’ I reiterated our last conversation, he responds with ‘Its not finished, Maybe it would be best to look for something else.’ This 100% confirmed my suspicion that the house hadn’t even been started.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone do business with Tom or Performance Engineering.

MNWildhunter,  I sent you a PM.   I had similar issues with him and will never do business with him again.   No I had many many issues and will never do business with him again.   Buyers - please be aware.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • Great advice and sounds like you have had some great times on the great Upper Red Lake!  The difference on Red from having a good day to a great day can be as much as moving 20 feet away!  From what you explain I would try to befriend a local or rent an ice auger and bring with the cold gear.  Rent your house like you are and then throw the auger in the car and explore or just pop holes in the area of your house so you can get out enjoy the uniqueness of fishing outside and your chances for landing more fish increases greatly opposed to hard house fishing.  Good Luck!!
    • I have been here a good 17 years and I think there is only about 1 guy left here that I have met in person. Back in the day I knew and met several members who were frequent posters on FM. I met quite a few of them through the BP Catfish League but I think most of those guys are long gone.
    • Ok getting things back on track.  Next month will be my 14th year and I think I've only met one other member.  Met Frank (Surface Tension) several years back on Fish Lake near Duluth.  He was incredibly helpful and generous sharing his knowledge of the lake.  If I remember right my dad and I drove up and Frank called saying the forecast looked like rain for the entire day.  Well my dad and I were already on the way and were going to fish rain or shine so Frank and his son still geared up and met us for some fishing.  I don't remember exactly how the day broke down but I remember get really wet but also catching a lot of nice fish.  I've fished the lake a lot since but that was my best day by a long shot. 
    • I am making Christmas jerky packs for gifts by request   so where do I send my request??!!!  enjoy them good eats!!!
    • Thanks Frank. Your another member I have met about 5 times sledding, Twig swap, old Bside Bash and never got in front of the camera?  🙂   Lets get this thread back on track about meeting folks on this site for Outdoor activities and stop giggling about a guys titties! 🙄
    • Don't let him fool ya, he used to be known as LMIT OUT. 😁
    • Here you go just for you! I don't hunt that spot anymore anyway. Best time to be in that stand is in the evening!  😉   N 47.048424 W 94.735163
    • Signs of life again, man we are like a yoyo team. Real test will come against Calgary, they seem legit this year and just stomped us pretty hard a week or so back. 
    • that looks good already!!!!!!!!!!! was thinkin of doing that too, why did you cut the dark meat off?????? just asking for future reference!!!!
×