Jump to content
  • GUESTS

    If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Nightrain83

Performance Engineering fish houses

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if anybody could give me a review on these houses?  Also did you receive your house in the amount of time you were told?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of his look to have powder coated frames.  Guess it depends on how long you want it but if your looking for long term I would lean more towards a galvanized frame.  May be an option he has but I didn't see it listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had made for me, Tom is very good to work with.   I had several issues and had to bring the house back (twice now) but there was never any hassle from him.   If you plan on using it for summer camping and don't want a roof top AC unit - make sure you get one side window that will fit a small window AC unit. (wish I would have.........)  His lead times are usually long out so don't expect to order one now and get it by this winter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2017 at 7:21 AM, kudu63 said:

I had made for me, Tom is very good to work with.   I had several issues and had to bring the house back (twice now) but there was never any hassle from him.   If you plan on using it for summer camping and don't want a roof top AC unit - make sure you get one side window that will fit a small window AC unit. (wish I would have.........)  His lead times are usually long out so don't expect to order one now and get it by this winter.

 

One thing you may want to look at is the portable AC units.  I picked up a Whynter 14,000 BTU (ARC 14-S) off the recommendation of someone on this site for $335.  The plastic plate that mounts in the window for the vent hoses needs to be about 6"x24", so should work with some of the smaller windows.  You could probably configure it with your own custom plate to work with about any size.  

 

My house is roughly 1,344 cubic feet (8'w x 8't x 21' l) and it works pretty well, but I wouldn't use it in anything bigger.  One nice thing about the portable unit is that it works with the 2,000 watt generators (I take mine off eco mode), and many of the roof mounts won't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got a little smaller portable in ours from wally world and it works great.  Going to cut out a circle to vent it out one of the holes in the floor up in the bathroom so its out of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the pointers guys.   I ordered one a couple weeks ago.  It will be galvanized frame and rooftop a.c..  Tom told me it would be done before first ice, kudu are you saying it will be longer?   I hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, Nightrain83 said:

Thanks for the pointers guys.   I ordered one a couple weeks ago.  It will be galvanized frame and rooftop a.c..  Tom told me it would be done before first ice, kudu are you saying it will be longer?   I hope not.

Let us know by first ice - just saying.  But he is great to work with so don't get me wrong.

Edited by kudu63

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(320) 864-5389

 

I played phone tag with him for awhile, ultimately I was able to reach him at this number. Are you waiting for a shack or looking to purchase one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible service and terrible business model. Here's the story:

We ordered a custom wheelhouse from Tom after reading great reviews. He claimed 3-4 months to build our ice house at time of purchase/deposit. 10 months later, after he indicated '2 more weeks' for two months, we received our money back.

During our last conversation about receiving our money back, he indicated he would give us a call when the house was finished, if we hadn’t purchased anything we could buy the finished house from him. We searched for a little over a month and hadn't found what we were looking for. At this time I email Tom to confirm he intends on reaching out when the house is complete. Remember... it's been ‘almost finished’ for months now. He says ‘I thought you had something picked out.’ I reiterated our last conversation, he responds with ‘Its not finished, Maybe it would be best to look for something else.’ This 100% confirmed my suspicion that the house hadn’t even been started.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone do business with Tom or Performance Engineering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MNWildhunter.  Welcome to HSO.  Sorry your first post was about a bad product experience, but thanks for sharing the Buyer beware.

 

Please hang around and post some fishing reports or other outdoor activities that may be going better for you.  🙂

Edited by leech~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MNWildhunter said:

Terrible service and terrible business model. Here's the story:

We ordered a custom wheelhouse from Tom after reading great reviews. He claimed 3-4 months to build our ice house at time of purchase/deposit. 10 months later, after he indicated '2 more weeks' for two months, we received our money back.

During our last conversation about receiving our money back, he indicated he would give us a call when the house was finished, if we hadn’t purchased anything we could buy the finished house from him. We searched for a little over a month and hadn't found what we were looking for. At this time I email Tom to confirm he intends on reaching out when the house is complete. Remember... it's been ‘almost finished’ for months now. He says ‘I thought you had something picked out.’ I reiterated our last conversation, he responds with ‘Its not finished, Maybe it would be best to look for something else.’ This 100% confirmed my suspicion that the house hadn’t even been started.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone do business with Tom or Performance Engineering.

MNWildhunter,  I sent you a PM.   I had similar issues with him and will never do business with him again.   No I had many many issues and will never do business with him again.   Buyers - please be aware.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • Yeah, the last couple of weeks have been pretty uneventful at my feeders. Then all of sudden today I was bombarded with multiple species!    I had 2 hen pheasants pecking around, then later the rooster showed up. There were robins everywhere. The blue jays are back to eating up the peanuts within minutes of me putting them out. I’ve actually been saving money the last couple weeks on sunflower chips, because the goldfinches disappeared. But today I had redpolls out there for the first time of the season. So I’ll have to start working some overtime to afford the food they go through! Have a lot more woodpeckers this winter than last year as well.
    • 🤣 man leech go chase some cottontails.   Man that was funny!
    • Yep mine are back as well other then the Cardinals and Blue Jay's yet.  
    • Hawg go to this site. It will help you id them.  https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/    
    • It looks like you were using my cell phone to take those pics. I'm also surprised an old guy like you could stay up that late! Just kidding!
    • Thank you, looks like I have a ton of them and not the goldies, I'm kind of disappointed. There's quite a bit of difference, I must have been fooled by the yellow on the siskins. It's been a while since I had either. I'm still looking for my bird books to identify the others. It seems the older I get the better I get at hiding stuff from myself! Thanks again, Mark
    • not my pic but here is a winter goldie. pretty drab
    • pine siskins. look a lot like winter goldies just smaller
    • Eyeguy, do you have a picture of a winter goldfinch and a pine siskin? I'm not 100% sure I know the difference. Any idea what the birds are I posted about with the colored backs? Those are on the safflower seed heavy, not on the niger at all. I wish I had a lens to take a picture to show you.
×