• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slide divers

On 7/19/2017 at 12:03 PM, LoonASea said:

I read a thread in WC yesterday about s-binder dipsy set up ,,,I have fished with slide divers with poor hook up success ,, Lots of trips of the diver but no one home when reeling in 

This is a couple years old but I happened to stumble on it again today and I’m not really a big fan of the slide divers myself after giving them a shot. Maybe I’m doing something wrong but they seem more of a hassle than just the plain old, but effective, Dipsy diver 

Thanks for coming back with a review. They look like they should work well but I'm wondering if they allow slack in the line at the trip and let the fish off the hook?  I use dipsy's and a few other divers for deep trolling Walleye's in late summer.  Fun stuff when their out there. ?

Edited by leech~~

On 6/26/2019 at 12:58 PM, leech~~ said:

Thanks for coming back with a review. They look like they should work well but I'm wondering if they allow slack in the line at the trip and let the fish off the hook?  I use dipsy's and a few other divers for deep trolling Walleye's in late summer.  Fun stuff when their out there. ?

What do you troll behind the dipseys for walleyes?

1 hour ago, tacklejunkie said:

What do you troll behind the dipseys for walleyes?

Mainly small straight raps to keep the drag down. Hate it when the works comes popping back up!

Because slide divers are such a pain to rig I have dedicated 2 rods for them. I also bought the weight kit to make them heavier if I want or need to go deeper but mostly keep on the lighter version. I have caught fish on them but don't feel that they are a better option then a Dipsy diver. The fish on Superior just don't seem to care  about the hardware. Colors maybe but I run all clear for the most part.

On 7/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, Jim Almquist said:

Because slide divers are such a pain to rig I have dedicated 2 rods for them. I also bought the weight kit to make them heavier if I want or need to go deeper but mostly keep on the lighter version. I have caught fish on them but don't feel that they are a better option then a Dipsy diver. The fish on Superior just don't seem to care  about the hardware. Colors maybe but I run all clear for the most part.

I have caught fish on the slide diver but I don’t notice  any difference from the regular Dipsey diver and they are a pain in the one-just-like-silly-me to set up.

I have Dipsy’s in all kinds of different colors and I can’t tell if that makes a difference either. I have one that actually will glow in the dark