• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice castle owners.......can i get a little help?

Agronomist_at_IA

So camping this summer has caused me to do some things I've been wanting to do in the ice castle. I put removable bunk rails on the top bunks to hold stuff on them when driving down the road. Also got an RV ladder coming so kids can get into the bunks easier.

The one thing I haven't done yet that I want to do is mount/bolt on my 1.7cu. minni fridge to the counter so I don't have to move it to the floor when moving the ice shack.......anyone have tips or anything to move a guy in the right direction before he does it.

what I'm thinking is taking the feet off the bottom of the fridge for leveling the fridge.....then drilling a hole opinion the counter top then running a bolt up through the counter to bolt the minni fridge down. Then to keep the door latched shut when driving I can either duck tape it, run a bungie strap around it, or put a latch on the outside.........

Or a D ring like you suggested. Hard to say what would work best without seeing the set up but I can guarantee it isn't going to take a degree in rocket surgery to figure it out.

Edited by Bryce

Well there are a lot of ways to do it.

I'm going to bolt it down through the counter top, using the bolt holes for the leg levels. The idea of using straps and d rigs would look like dump and Be pretty pointless........it would be has much work having to ratchet strap the thing every time I was going to move vs setting it down on the floor. 

On 7/17/2017 at 11:52 AM, Walleyehooker said:

You would still need to keep the door from coming open as those magnetic doors don't stay closed to well. But that wouldn't be hard to do. 

On 7/17/2017 at 8:48 PM, Agronomist_at_IA said:

Then to keep the door latched shut when driving I can either duck tape it, run a bungie strap around it, or put a latch on the outside.........

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Multi-Purpose-Appliance-2-Count/dp/B00AS693R2/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1500560852&sr=1-2&keywords=appliance%2Block&th=1

fridge lock.jpg

Well I got it done. I got some bolts washers and rubber grommets. I drilled holes in the counter top. then brought the bolt up through it put a 1/2in rubber spacer then a washer and bolted right into the bolt holes where the leg levels went. It looks nice and will be nice not having to put the fridge up and down every time a guy moves the ice castle and should hold fine driving down the road.

6 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Nice exactly what I need to finish the project, so the fridge door doesn't fly open when driving down the road.

Edited by Agronomist_at_IA

I would/will I was using photo bucket and they screwed me on 3rd party hosting. I've been trying to use Google photos and haven't figured it out....might go to something else......guess this site just lets u upload...cool

3 hours ago, Bryce said:

Must be a pro staffer. Lol

No just got stickers and stuff sent when I bought stuff. A few years ago I emailed some companies asking for stickers and they sent them free of charge. Used them on my Ice rod case, vexilar pak, and stuff so I could tell which one was mine since others had some of the same gear. Those were leftover stickers so I put them on the Mini fridge. Salmo sent some sweet stickers that were measuring tapes. Put one of those on the counter to measure fish & has a lot of info on it.